Big Ten lunch links
July, 20, 2012
By Adam Rittenberg | ESPN.com
Thoughts and prayers go out to those in Colorado after last night's terrible tragedy.
- The Big Ten presidents and chancellors aren't considering giving commissioner Jim Delany the power to fire coaches and other personnel. Nebraska chancellor Harvey Perlman confirms this.
- No official announcement yet, but Wisconsin will host BYU in 2013. Migraine issues end the career of Badgers DT Jordan Kohout.
- Don't expect the Big Ten to give Penn State the boot, Mark Snyder writes. Legal experts say Penn State should punish itself before the NCAA or Big Ten step in. Michael Rosenberg writes that while the death penalty sounds right for Penn State, it's not justified. Penn Sate should follow Nick Saban's advice on how to respond, Andy Staples writes. The sculptor of the Joe Paterno statue thinks Penn State should be patient with its decision on whether or not to remove it.
- Michigan's Denard Robinson tops Sam McKewon's list of the top 15 Big Ten players to watch entering 2012.
- Purdue recruit Danny Etling is featured in the latest roundup of the Elite 11 finals. After playing two spots in high school, Boilers recruit Parker Cothren could be "a monster" when he focuses solely on football.
- Scott Dochterman examines how a Big Ten schedule without Penn State would impact Iowa.
- Ohio State picks up a speedy receiver for its 2013 class. Urban Meyer loves the Miami Heat.
- Penn State's top offensive tackles make a summer swap.
- Ten reasons to get excited about Michigan in 2012.
- Graham Couch looks at Michigan State's key November matchup against Nebraska.
- The Lincoln Journal Star previews Indiana in 2012.
BIG TEN SCOREBOARD
12:00 PM ET Northwestern Iowa 12:00 PM ET Maryland Penn State 12:00 PM ET Wisconsin Rutgers 3:30 PM ET Purdue 15 Nebraska 3:30 PM ET Indiana Michigan 8:00 PM ET Illinois 16 Ohio State