Big Ten lunchtime links
July, 23, 2012
By Brian Bennett | ESPN.com
Here are your Penn State-free lunchtime links:
- Recruiting rankings are the least of Tim Beckman's concerns as Illinois gets ready to begin practice next month, Loren Tate writes.
- Marc Morehouse chatted with Iowa coach Kirk Ferentz about his family. Part I of the entertaining Q&A is here and Part II is here. Keenan Davis will have to carry a big load at receiver for the Hawkeyes.
- William Gholston will reach his full potential when he practices as hard as he plays, Pat Narduzzi says.
- While other schools are building all sorts of new bells and whistles, upgrading the athletic facilities at Northwestern has been a slow process (subscription required).
- Wisconsin's Montee Ball is approaching some pretty impressive school and NCAA career records. Barry Alvarez is not in favor of playing nine Big Ten conference games.
- Bob Devaney's tenure gave birth to the modern era of Nebraska football. Jared Crick will take a mature approach into training camp with the Houston Texans.
- Terrelle Pryor's confidant Ted Sarniak, a figure in the NCAA investigation of Ohio State, passed away.
- A defensive end recruit for Purdue has a lot of potential once he concentrates solely on football.
- Former Michigan receiver Darryl Stonum is heading to Baylor, where he is expected to play right away.
- James Gillum could boost the Minnesota running game.
- Indiana is putting new turf in its practice facility.
Tweets from https://twitter.com/ESPNCFB/lists/b1g