Big Ten lunchtime links
July, 23, 2012
By Brian Bennett | ESPN.com
Here are your Penn State-free lunchtime links:
- Recruiting rankings are the least of Tim Beckman's concerns as Illinois gets ready to begin practice next month, Loren Tate writes.
- Marc Morehouse chatted with Iowa coach Kirk Ferentz about his family. Part I of the entertaining Q&A is here and Part II is here. Keenan Davis will have to carry a big load at receiver for the Hawkeyes.
- William Gholston will reach his full potential when he practices as hard as he plays, Pat Narduzzi says.
- While other schools are building all sorts of new bells and whistles, upgrading the athletic facilities at Northwestern has been a slow process (subscription required).
- Wisconsin's Montee Ball is approaching some pretty impressive school and NCAA career records. Barry Alvarez is not in favor of playing nine Big Ten conference games.
- Bob Devaney's tenure gave birth to the modern era of Nebraska football. Jared Crick will take a mature approach into training camp with the Houston Texans.
- Terrelle Pryor's confidant Ted Sarniak, a figure in the NCAA investigation of Ohio State, passed away.
- A defensive end recruit for Purdue has a lot of potential once he concentrates solely on football.
- Former Michigan receiver Darryl Stonum is heading to Baylor, where he is expected to play right away.
- James Gillum could boost the Minnesota running game.
- Indiana is putting new turf in its practice facility.
BIG TEN SCOREBOARD
Final Iowa 24 Pittsburgh 20 Final Eastern Michigan 14 11 Michigan State 73 Final Western Illinois 7 Northwestern 24 Final Southern Illinois 13 Purdue 35 Final Bowling Green 17 19 Wisconsin 68 Final Maryland 34 Syracuse 20 Final Utah 26 Michigan 10 Final Rutgers 31 Navy 24 Final Massachusetts 7 Penn State 48 Final San Jose State 7 Minnesota 24 Final Texas State 35 Illinois 42 Final Indiana 31 18 Missouri 27 Final Miami (FL) 31 24 Nebraska 41