Big Ten lunchtime links
July, 23, 2012
By Brian Bennett | ESPN.com
Here are your Penn State-free lunchtime links:
- Recruiting rankings are the least of Tim Beckman's concerns as Illinois gets ready to begin practice next month, Loren Tate writes.
- Marc Morehouse chatted with Iowa coach Kirk Ferentz about his family. Part I of the entertaining Q&A is here and Part II is here. Keenan Davis will have to carry a big load at receiver for the Hawkeyes.
- William Gholston will reach his full potential when he practices as hard as he plays, Pat Narduzzi says.
- While other schools are building all sorts of new bells and whistles, upgrading the athletic facilities at Northwestern has been a slow process (subscription required).
- Wisconsin's Montee Ball is approaching some pretty impressive school and NCAA career records. Barry Alvarez is not in favor of playing nine Big Ten conference games.
- Bob Devaney's tenure gave birth to the modern era of Nebraska football. Jared Crick will take a mature approach into training camp with the Houston Texans.
- Terrelle Pryor's confidant Ted Sarniak, a figure in the NCAA investigation of Ohio State, passed away.
- A defensive end recruit for Purdue has a lot of potential once he concentrates solely on football.
- Former Michigan receiver Darryl Stonum is heading to Baylor, where he is expected to play right away.
- James Gillum could boost the Minnesota running game.
- Indiana is putting new turf in its practice facility.
BIG TEN SCOREBOARD
Final Eastern Illinois 20 Minnesota 42 Final Rutgers 41 Washington State 38
Final Penn State 26 UCF 24 Final Youngstown State 17 Illinois 28 Final Indiana State 10 Indiana 28 Final Northern Iowa 23 Iowa 31 Final Appalachian State 14 Michigan 52 Final 5 Ohio State 34 Navy 17 Final Western Michigan 34 Purdue 43 Final Florida Atlantic 7 22 Nebraska 55 Final California 31 Northwestern 24 Final James Madison 7 Maryland 52 Final 14 Wisconsin 24 13 LSU 28