Big Ten lunchtime links
July, 25, 2012
By Brian Bennett | ESPN.com
Happy media days eve.
- Bill O'Brien's resolve will be tested at Penn State. USC coach Lane Kiffin offered to give advice to O'Brien (for the low, low price of Silas Redd). Businesses are reconsidering their marketing ties with Penn State.
- Casey Dehn, a potential starter on Wisconsin's offensive line, will not play in 2012.
- Michigan State long-snapper Steve Moore's football career is over after he suffered a broken neck in a freak accident. The Spartans got a commitment from a Florida defensive lineman.
- Michigan and Michigan State are trying to heed the lessons of the Penn State sanctions. Kyle Meinke offers five questions for the Wolverines as media days approach.
- The Spartans beat Michigan in a golf challenge.
- Illinois coach Tim Beckman is still learning from his father.
- Marc Morehouse concludes his list of the top 45 Iowa players with James Vandenberg. The Hawkeyes aren't bothered by a lack of media love this preseason.
- Mike Rallis is adjusting to his new role as middle linebacker for Minnesota. The Gophers have some holes to fill at tight end.
- The O-Zone's ranking of the 20 most important Ohio State players begins with a kicker.
- A breakdown of Northwestern's special teams.
- Who will step up for Nebraska this season?
- It's time for Indiana football to get mad.
- Purdue doesn't want to gain from Penn State's loss.