Big Ten lunch links
August, 2, 2012
By Adam Rittenberg | ESPN.com
Which links made it to the medal stand today?
- More on the assault against Wisconsin star Montee Ball here and here. The Badgers' offensive line has a new look this season. Wisconsin adds a big quarterback commit for 2014.
- The Nostradamus-like Jerry Palm issues his preseason bowl predictions (Michigan fans will like them).
- A look at the players who have departed Penn State's program (minus Anthony Fera). Despite the recent setbacks, Bill O'Brien still has plenty to sell at Penn State. Two Penn State students want to get 250,000 to attend the team's season opener.
- Both of Michigan's coordinators could finish their careers in Ann Arbor, Kyle Meinke writes. Michigan's Frank Clark waives his preliminary exam hearing.
- The Bowtie (E. Gordon Gee) is helping Ohio State's recruiting efforts. Ohio State's offense is looking for a missing piece.
- Michigan State's Max Bullough grows as a leader. Graham Couch looks at five big issues facing Michigan State during training camp. Tom Dienhart checks in with Spartans offensive coordinator Dan Roushar.
- Coordinator Tracy Claeys discusses a Minnesota defense that's finally starting to come together.
- De'Andre Johnson's dismissal creates more question marks for Iowa's running back group. Perhaps fullback Brad Rogers is the answer for the Hawkeyes at tailback.
- Athlon is ranking the Big Ten's top 50 players entering the 2012 season.
- A healthy Rob Henry eyes playing time at quarterback for Purdue this fall. Some key questions for the Boilers entering camp.
- Kyler Reed will play a bigger role in Nebraska's offense when his blocking improves. The Huskers' main nonconference challenge: facing teams with new coaches.
- It looks like Indiana will have a quarterback competition in camp (subscription required). Kevin Wilson wants to put the Hoosiers' quarterbacks in uncomfortable situations.
- Illinois will spend only one week at Camp Rantoul this summer. The great Gene Honda will serve as the public-address announcer for some Illini games.