Big Ten lunchtime links
August, 6, 2012
By Brian Bennett | ESPN.com
Nothing stops this train. Nothing.
- It's hard to predict what Illinois will do this season. Camp Rantoul is hoping the Illini keep coming back.
- Several freshmen got a long look in practice for the already-young Indiana Hoosiers (subscription required).
- Damon Bullock had better be ready to be the face of the Iowa running back corps. The Hawkeyes hosted a barbecue for recruits.
- Michigan's Jordan Kovacs still carries a chip on his shoulder as a former walk-on. The five hottest position battles as the Wolverines open camp includes the fight at left guard.
- Michigan State views the opening of training camp as "starting over." Some questions to ponder as the Spartans begin preseason preparations.
- Inside info helped Minnesota land what it thinks are some winners with its junior college transfers. Returning players helped the Gophers start off practice fast.
- Brett Maher continues a strong line of Nebraska kickers -- perhaps the strongest in the country the past 10 years. The Huskers' newcomers pass the eye test.
- Five preseason questions for Northwestern (subscription required). The Wildcats landed a running back from Cincinnati.
- Bill Rabinowitz and Tim May break down some of the issues Ohio State will face this season. Carlos Hyde seeks more consistent production.
- A Penn State professor says he's disturbed by what he calls the continuing addiction to football in State College. A comedian dressed up as Joe Paterno for a Roseanne Barr comedy roast. A look at the top young players who have chosen to stay at Penn State.
- Purdue's first practice left Danny Hope speechless. The Boilermakers have a good vibe going in camp.
- Previewing Wisconsin's special teams, which has to replace both its kicker and punter. Ten preseason questions for the Badgers.
BIG TEN SCOREBOARD
Final Iowa 24 Pittsburgh 20 Final Eastern Michigan 14 11 Michigan State 73 Final Western Illinois 7 Northwestern 24 Final Southern Illinois 13 Purdue 35 Final Bowling Green 17 19 Wisconsin 68 Final Maryland 34 Syracuse 20 Final Utah 26 Michigan 10 Final Rutgers 31 Navy 24 Final Massachusetts 7 Penn State 48 Final San Jose State 7 Minnesota 24 Final Texas State 35 Illinois 42 Final Indiana 31 18 Missouri 27 Final Miami (FL) 31 24 Nebraska 41