Big Ten lunch links
August, 7, 2012
By Adam Rittenberg | ESPN.com
Campin' in the Big Ten.
- After a rough summer, Penn State finally returns to the practice field for a new era under Bill O'Brien. Ben Jones looks at four PSU freshmen to watch during camp.
- The karma around Wisconsin star Montee Ball isn't good, and it needs to change this fall, Andy Baggot writes. Wisconsin opened camp Monday with several players absent.
- Iowa's slogan for 2012 -- "Enter the black" -- encapsulates what the team faces this fall. Don't say the R-word -- Rebuilding -- around Hawkeyes assistant Brian Ferentz. Not surprisingly, the Hawkeyes remain unsettled at running back.
- A bit of advice: When Michigan's Thomas Rawls runs at you, you had better get out of the way. The Wolverines' backup quarterback has a good day at receiver. No word yet on when Fitzgerald Toussaint might start practicing for U-M.
- Former Penn State RB Silas Redd meets the media after his first USC practice. Former NCAA investigator Dan Beebe thinks Penn State's penalties could end up being more challenging than SMU's.
- Northwestern's freshmen begin their disorientation during training camp.
- Injured Buckeyes Nathan Williams and Jordan Hall are making progress, but still not practicing. More notes from Ohio State's practice.
- Former Penn State lineman Ryan Nowicki takes the field with Illinois. Nowicki and his fellow line mates have plenty to learn at Camp Rantoul.
- Indiana continues to take a hands-on approach with its quarterbacks. Hoosiers TE Ted Bolser expects to return to his 2010 form (subscription required).
- Tim Marlowe's versatility at receiver explains why he played so much for Nebraska in 2011. A Q&A with the Huskers' starting quarterback, Taylor Martinez.
- Minnesota has the speed to stretch the field in the passing game. Gophers defensive lineman Ra'Shede Hageman knows his time has arrived.
- Purdue offensive lineman Peters Drey has put a back injury in the rear-view mirror. Some quick hits from Boilers' practice.
- Check out what Big Ten coaches had to say (anonymously) about the other teams in the league.
BIG TEN SCOREBOARD
12:00 PM ET Northwestern Iowa 12:00 PM ET Maryland Penn State 12:00 PM ET Wisconsin Rutgers 3:30 PM ET Purdue 15 Nebraska 3:30 PM ET Indiana Michigan 8:00 PM ET Illinois 16 Ohio State