Big Ten lunch links
August, 9, 2012
By Adam Rittenberg | ESPN.com
Working for the weekend ...
- In case you missed it, check out colleague Wright Thompson's excellent piece on Urban Meyer's quest to achieve balance. The youth movement is under way at Ohio State.
- Montee Ball had better be telling the truth, Dennis Dodd writes. Maryland transfer Danny O'Brien talks about competing for Wisconsin's top QB spot. After a string of major injuries, Curt Phillips is also in the mix for the Badgers at QB.
- An interesting look at the darkest day in Michigan football history. Michigan's Devin Gardner tries to master two positions -- quarterback and receiver -- in camp. The same could be the case for Wolverines defender Jake Ryan.
- Michigan State's Lawrence Thomas follows the path of William Gholston. The Spartans' defensive backs see leadership in new starting quarterback Andrew Maxwell.
- Big Ten coaches weigh in on the challenges of scheduling.
- Northwestern RB Mike Trumpy is healthy and ready to roll. Stanford transfer Quinn Evans came out of medical retirement to play for Northwestern. The Wildcats once again could look to a running back by committee.
- Quick Q&As with Purdue's offensive coordinator and defensive coordinator.
- Dustin Hockensmith looks at the Penn State players who now have big opportunities because of transfers. Tight end Dakota Royer leaves Penn State's program but remains enrolled in school.
- Nebraska's defensive tackles adjust to a new coordinator and a new position coach. Huskers defensive back Alonzo Moore is academically cleared by the NCAA.
- Jerry Kill's construction project at Minnesota is going well. The Gophers finally have depth at running back.
- Marc Morehouse tries to translate what the Big Ten Network guys gleaned from Iowa's practice. Outsmart your buddies with these random facts about Iowa football.
- Miles Osei has put himself in the thick of Illinois' QB race. Some Illini notes from Wednesday at Camp Rantoul.
- The attorneys for former Ohio State LB Storm Klein file a motion for dismissal.
- Indiana adds a running back to its 2013 recruiting class. Hoosiers TE Ted Bolser looks to rebound in 2012.
- BTN.com ranks the Big Ten headgear.