Big Ten lunchtime links
August, 15, 2012
By Brian Bennett | ESPN.com
Links to get you over the hump.
- Gerald Hodges has proudly stuck with Penn State. Bill Belton is wearing the No. 1 jersey well as he tries to become the Nittany Lions' No. 1 tailback. Justin Brown gives more details about his transfer to Oklahoma. A former Philly sportswriter blasts Joe Paterno.
- The Ohio State offensive line has shed the bad rap Urban Meyer gave them in the winter. But the Buckeyes receivers still have a ways to go.
- Nebraska receiver Quincy Enunwa is a physical player who delivers some crushing blocks on the perimeter. Huskers defensive backs coach Terry Joseph knows how to relate to his players.
- Northwestern's Venric Mark is a small guy with big ambitions as the potential No. 1 tailback.
- If former Nebraska lineman Ryan Klachko ends up at Illinois as expected, it could reopen a pipeline to a successful Springfield high school for the Illini. Michael Buchanan could develop into the latest Illinois defensive lineman to become a first-round NFL pick.
- Iowa is getting its name out early and often in recruiting. The Hawkeyes are having a second open scrimmage because Kirk Ferentz thinks his young team needs it.
- Greg Mattison wants to see more consistency from the Michigan defense. Freshman defensive end Chris Wormley tore his ACL and will miss the year.
- Michigan State looks extremely deep on the defensive line. Cornerback Johnny Adams' stock continues to rise.
- Purdue running back Ralph Bolden is trying to come back from another knee injury, though he has no timetable yet.
- True freshman Dan Voltz is pushing to get early playing time on the Wisconsin offensive line. Redshirt freshman receiver Jordan Fredrick's rise can be credited to the Badgers way.
- Indiana got its eighth commitment, from an in-state defensive back/wide receiver. Kevin Wilson discusses Tuesday's practice.
- The death of Gary Tinsley led Minnesota linebacker Spencer Reeves to mature in a hurry this offseason. The Gophers had a contingency plan for the loss of Jimmy Gjere on the offensive line.
- Athlon ranks its 35 must-see Big Ten games this season.
BIG TEN SCOREBOARD
12:00 PM ET Purdue Illinois 12:00 PM ET 20 Ohio State Maryland 2:30 PM ET North Texas Indiana 3:30 PM ET 17 Wisconsin Northwestern 7:00 PM ET Michigan Rutgers 8:00 PM ET 19 Nebraska 10 Michigan State