Big Ten lunch links
August, 21, 2012
By Adam Rittenberg | ESPN.com
Got football fever yet?
- SI.com's Andy Staples previews the Big Ten and forecasts a Wisconsin-Michigan State rematch in Indy.
- Illinois LB Henry Dickinson will miss the season with a broken leg. The Illini offensive line continues to shuffle.
- Michigan State's talented defense is primed to end the school's Rose Bowl drought, Stewart Mandel writes. Spartans QB Andrew Maxwell says the wait to be the starter was worth it. Quiet off of the field, TE Dion Sims is making noise between the lines.
- Urban Meyer has pushed Ohio State hard during camp and seen the results he wants. Rob Oller weighs in on how quickly Meyer can win in Columbus and how much.
- Reviews of the new Joe Paterno book here and here and here. Thoughts on Penn State's practice from BTN.com's Tom Dienhart.
- Danny O'Brien's accuracy helped him land Wisconsin's starting QB spot. Despite the release of the preseason depth chart, Wisconsin still has competition at place-kicker.
- Iowa defensive lineman Darian Cooper has had an accelerated learning curve. After two mediocre seasons, Iowa is shaking things up for 2012.
- Purdue receiver O.J. Ross regains his love for football after a challenging offseason. The Boilers pick up a commitment from "The Rock" -- actually, a different Dwayne Johnson.
- Northwestern players went through a grueling but valuable workout with the Navy SEALs this weekend.
- Nebraska tackle Brent Qvale has blossomed as a redshirt junior. The Huskers have their eyes set on a Big Ten title.
- Indiana reserve RB D'Angelo Roberts grew up during the offseason (subscription required). A closer look at the Hoosiers' quarterbacks entering 2012.
- Don't expect a full-blown Heisman campaign for Michigan QB Denard Robinson. Days after a scary neck injury, Wolverines DT Ondre Pipkins returns to practice. The next step for Brock Mealer: walking down the aisle at his wedding.
- Minnesota still doesn't know which UNLV quarterback it will face in next Thursday's opener.