Big Ten lunchtime links
August, 27, 2012
By Brian Bennett | ESPN.com
Shut the (heck) up and let me die in peace.
- Tim Beckman is a perfectionist, even if that means sleeping on his office couch to get the job done. Beckman and Nathan Scheelhaase appear to be on the same page.
- Kevin Wilson wants Indiana fans to demand success, not just hope for it (subscription required). Wilson is still looking to change the culture in Bloomington.
- Lots of uncertainty surrounds Iowa, which makes it a fun season to follow. Running back jinx? Damon Bullock doesn't believe in such a thing. Comparing Kirk Ferentz and Hayden Fry at their 13-year marks.
- Preparing for Alabama has given Michigan an extra boost in preseason practice. Defensive tackle Will Campbell is tackling expectations and leadership. Family plays a key role for the Wolverines' coaching staff.
- Le'Veon Bell isn't setting any specific yardage goals as Michigan State's go-to back. The Spartans got a commitment from a Detroit offensive lineman and a Chicago defensive end.
- A pair of sophomores have taken on leadership roles among Minnesota's wide receivers. MarQueis Gray is juggling his starting quarterback job with raising twin babies and making it work.
- Talented Nebraska receiver Jamal Turner says he's motivated by last year's poor freshman season. Some thoughts and predictions on the Huskers' season from Sam McKewon.
- Northwestern's Kain Colter believes he can do it all this year.
- Tight ends will actually play a big role in the Ohio State offense. Doug Lesmerises says 8-4 is more likely for the Buckeyes than 10-2.
- The New York Times profiles Bill O'Brien. The new Penn State coach begins his monumental task.
- Purdue must take care of business in the nonconference schedule to get where it wants to go. A handful of Boilermakers freshmen should make their debuts Saturday.
- The Wisconsin defense is stressing communication after last year's breakdowns. Kyle French will handle kickoffs and field goals for the Badgers.
- Dish Network subscribers could be shut out of watching league games this weekend if negotiations with the Big Ten Network aren't resolved.
Tweets from https://twitter.com/ESPNCFB/lists/b1g