Big Ten lunchtime links
September, 3, 2012
By Brian Bennett | ESPN.com
How big does this pile have to be?
- Illinois coach Tim Beckman's secretive policies may mean we don't know much about quarterback Nathan Scheelhaase's availability this week.
- Reviewing some decisions in Indiana's win over Indiana State.
- The passing game was the problem for Iowa against Northern Illinois.
- Michigan must wonder how good it really is after getting humbled versus Alabama.
- Michigan State players took some shots at the Wolverines via Twitter on Saturday night. The Spartans' defense lived up to the hype Friday.
- Derrick Wells was among the young players who announced themselves as leaders for Minnesota in the opener.
- Nebraska showed off its many offensive weapons against Southern Miss.
- Northwestern managed to rally after its defense collapsed.
- Ohio State broke in several new players on defense against Miami (Ohio).
- Penn State has several areas to correct before heading to Virginia this week.
- Purdue has a quarterback quandary on its hands.
- Wisconsin's defense had about an 18-minute lapse against Northern Iowa.