Big Ten lunchtime links
October, 12, 2012
By Brian Bennett | ESPN.com
Let's get this one, birds on the bat.
- "Huge" is the word Purdue is using to describe Saturday's Leaders Division showdown versus Wisconsin.
- Third down has been a major problem for the Wisconsin offense. The Badgers' three linebackers are carrying their weight.
- Jerry Kill has put the Minnesota program in good health. The Gophers have to solve the puzzle that is Northwestern's Kain Colter.
- Michigan State is focusing on stopping Mark Weisman and matching Iowa's physical play. The Spartans are searching for a remedy to their slow starts.
- Iowa's Louis Trinca-Pasat nearly left the team last fall but has turned into a solid two-gap defensive lineman.
- Michigan linebacker Jake Ryan is unorthodox but manages to make that work. Offensive lineman Patrick Omameh got an award for his work at a children's hospital.
- Ohio State is learning how to savor the taste of victory. Hard work has led to success for cornerback Bradley Roby.
- Graham Pocic brings a quiet authority to the Illinois offensive line.
- Time to jump on the Kevin Wilson bandwagon? (subscription required).
- Penn State's Curtis Dukes says he wants more playing time. Breaking down Bill O'Brien's fourth-down gambles.
- Will the Nebraska defense rebound in the second half like last year or flop like in 2007?
- Dave Revsine's Big Ten numbers column.
BIG TEN SCOREBOARD
12:00 PM ET Iowa Pittsburgh 12:00 PM ET Eastern Michigan 11 Michigan State 12:00 PM ET Western Illinois Northwestern 12:00 PM ET Southern Illinois Purdue 12:00 PM ET Bowling Green 19 Wisconsin 12:30 PM ET Maryland Syracuse 3:30 PM ET Utah Michigan 3:30 PM ET Rutgers Navy 4:00 PM ET Massachusetts Penn State 4:00 PM ET San Jose State Minnesota 4:00 PM ET Texas State Illinois 4:00 PM ET Indiana 18 Missouri 8:00 PM ET Miami (FL) 24 Nebraska