Big Ten Monday personnel notes
October, 15, 2012
By Adam Rittenberg | ESPN.com
A few personnel nuggets from around the league as we inch toward Week 8. Iowa running back Mark Weisman (ankle) isn't on the two-deep for Penn State, although coach Kirk Ferentz hasn't totally ruled him out.
- Wisconsin LT Ricky Wagner (knee) is listed as the starter on the depth chart for Minnesota, but his status for the game is still to be determined. Offensive line coach Bart Miller told reporters Sunday that Wagner would only miss a game if he doesn't suit up Saturday. LB Ethan Armstrong (knee) also is listed as a starter on the two-deep, and it seems like there's a decent chance both he and DE Tyler Dippel will play against the Gophers.
- As expected, Nebraska RB Rex Burkhead will play this week against Northwestern after re-aggravating his left knee injury Oct. 6 at Ohio State and leaving the game. Coach Bo Pelini said Burkhead will be eased into practice this week.
- After leading Ohio State in tackles at Indiana as a linebacker, top fullback Zach Boren will be seeing more time on defense in the coming weeks. The Buckeyes have little depth and almost no veteran depth at linebacker, and Boren certainly held his own in his first real action of the season as a defender. Coach Urban Meyer describes Boren's move as "temporarily permanent."
- In other Buckeyes news, DE Nathan Williams (concussion) is expected to return this week against Purdue. RB Jordan Hall (knee) is doubtful and is "not healing well," according to Meyer.
- Michigan RB Vincent Smith (hamstring) and FB Stephen Hopkins (hamstring) are expected to play this week against Michigan State. And if there was any doubt, QB Denard Robinson (hand) is fine and said he has had no limitations.
- Northwestern moved CB Daniel Jones ahead of Quinn Evans on the depth chart for Saturday's game against Nebraska. Evans struggled against Minnesota but still will be part of the Wildcats' nickel package. Northwestern also will go with the all-black jerseys against the Huskers, who are looking for their own blackshirts.
Tweets from https://twitter.com/ESPNCFB/lists/b1g