Big Ten lunchtime links
October, 19, 2012
By Brian Bennett | ESPN.com
One more, Redbirds.
- Family is at the center of Venric Mark's success. Northwestern isn't awed by its spotlight game versus Nebraska.
- Rex Burkhead is rolling with the punches in a difficult senior year. He should be ready Saturday, while Chase Rome is likely out for the Huskers. Nebraska is still seeking ways to defend mobile quarterbacks.
- Iowa's Brian Ferentz could have followed Bill O'Brien to Penn State but chose family instead. A large group of recruits will be at Kinnick Stadium on Saturday night.
- Penn State hopes winning will lure recruits to State College despite the NCAA sanctions. Expect to see more of Bill Belton this week.
- Jerry Kill says a weaker schedule is necessary for Minnesota, but only temporarily.
- Dallas Lewallen is trying to get past his injuries and contribute on the Wisconsin offensive line. The Badgers O-line lineup isn't set yet for this week.
- It will be strength versus strength in the Michigan-Michigan State game. Can the Spartans solve Denard Robinson again? Longtime friends Aaron Burbidge and Devin Funchess are enemies this week. Revisiting some of the great smack talk moments in the series history.
- Braxton Miller was once compared with Terrelle Pryor, but he may be eclipsing him now. The Buckeyes could still spoil the BCS party this year despite probation.
- Purdue is running the gamut of emotions. What's happened to the Boilermakers?
- The Hoosiers will have to deal with Navy's toughness (subscription required).
- Terry Hawthorne and Nathan Scheelhaase returned to Illinois practice.