Big Ten lunch links
November, 2, 2012
By Adam Rittenberg | ESPN.com
You two can talk about America all you want. But I'm not going to listen, because there's no "i" or "me" in America.
- Some strong takes on the charges against ex-Penn State president Graham Spanier from Dan Wetzel, Michael Rosenberg and Jeff Frantz.
- Michigan State is concerned the Sea of Red will invade Spartan Stadium. The Big Ten's top offense and top defense meet Saturday in East Lansing.
- There are reasons to believe Nebraska's defense has turned a corner, Dirk Chatelain writes. Tom Osborne discusses Nebraska's recruiting efforts. Speaking of recruiting, the Huskers land a coveted juco defensive end for 2013.
- Michigan defensive tackle Quinton Washington has overcome a speech impediment to succeed. Five keys for Michigan on Saturday at Minnesota. The artist who paints the Little Brown Jug relishes the tradition of the game.
- Ohio State star John Simon studies military history to shape his game. Ohio State's long snapper might have won the Penn State game -- seriously. The Buckeyes hope to reverse a trend of playing down to inferior opponents.
- Illinois has been down before, but it has never been this gloomy, Loren Tate writes. Tim Beckman needs a Braxton Miller-like quarterback with the Illini.
- The Big Ten Network's Dave Revsine goes inside the numbers for Week 10. The Big Ten is a league of mystery teams. Tom Dienhart previews Week 10 in the Big Ten.
- Penn State is exploring the possibility of playing a game overseas in the near future. Penn State defensive line coach Larry Johnson continues to create a legacy at the school.
- Purdue quarterback Robert Marve keeps fighting despite his injury setbacks. The time for talking is over for the Boilers.
- Iowa's defense tries to evolve and adapt to a spread-offense era. The Daily Iowan debates whether the Hawkeyes will go bowling.
- Northwestern disputes the perception that the school doesn't travel well for bowls. A light saber helps Northwestern's Bo Cisek become (almost) famous.
- Some key questions for Minnesota entering the Michigan game, including receiver A.J. Barker's health. The Michigan Daily checks in with Minnesota quarterback-turned-receiver MarQueis Gray.
- Indiana defensive tackles Adam Replogle and Larry Black Jr. are very different guys working for a common goal. Antwaan Randle El headlines IU's newest Hall of Fame class, which will be inducted tonight.
- Wisconsin should get left tackle Ricky Wagner back on the field after the open week. Back problems have ended the career of Badgers linebacker A.J. Fenton.
BIG TEN SCOREBOARD
12:00 PM ET Iowa Pittsburgh 12:00 PM ET Eastern Michigan 11 Michigan State 12:00 PM ET Western Illinois Northwestern 12:00 PM ET Southern Illinois Purdue 12:00 PM ET Bowling Green 19 Wisconsin 12:30 PM ET Maryland Syracuse 3:30 PM ET Utah Michigan 3:30 PM ET Rutgers Navy 4:00 PM ET Massachusetts Penn State 4:00 PM ET San Jose State Minnesota 4:00 PM ET Texas State Illinois 4:00 PM ET Indiana 18 Missouri 8:00 PM ET Miami (FL) 24 Nebraska