Big Ten lunchtime links
November, 5, 2012
By Brian Bennett | ESPN.com
Quoting Weird Al Yankovic's Twitter feed: "Remember, people, tomorrow we need to vote Nicholas Brody OUT of Congress. The man is a TERRORIST, for crying out loud!"
- Taylor Martinez has improved a whole lot, but his passing coach says he can still get better. Huskers receiver Jamal Turner, who had the game-winning catch Saturday, has been focusing on the details.
- Minnesota failed to seize the momentum in Saturday's loss to Michigan. Freshman quarterback Philip Nelson was not fazed by the loss.
- Purdue tried a players-only meeting and other tactics last week, but it didn't help them break their losing streak.
- Saturday's loss at Ohio State was just more of the same for Illinois. But players say they were encouraged by the effort despite a sixth straight loss.
- Indiana senior Adam Replogle might be playing the best football of his career. The Hoosiers are still alive for Pasadena.
- Iowa football is not very good and not much fun at all, Mike Hlas writes. The Hawkeyes have a bumpy road toward a bowl game.
- Under Bill O'Brien, Penn State is no longer playing down to subpar competition. Did Silas Redd make the right move in transferring to USC?
- Devin Gardner's quarterback dreams were resurrected at Michigan. The Wolverines' defense is climbing the charts in national rankings.
- Wisconsin players have found rewards by giving their time at a local children's hospital. The Badgers must eliminate their offensive mistakes against Indiana.
- It's time now for Michigan State to regroup on its bye week. Max Bullough says the 5-5 Spartans will continue to fight.
- Ohio State has earned some time off after its 10-0 start. This team has already carved out a spot in Buckeyes lore.
- Northwestern's 1995 team will be profiled on the Big Ten Network.
- Big Ten power rankings from BTN.com and Athlon.