Big Ten lunch links
November, 4, 2009
By Adam Rittenberg | ESPN.com
Posted by ESPN.com's Adam Rittenberg
- Penn State and Ohio State are both seeking a quality win on Saturday, Doug Lesmerises writes in The Cleveland Plain Dealer. Buckeyes quarterback Terrelle Pryor shouldn't be limited against Penn State, Lesmerises writes.
- Respect has been hard to come by for undefeated Iowa this season, Andrew Logue writes in the Des Moines Register.
- Michigan State must regain respect down the stretch, Dan Kilbridge writes in the Lansing State Journal. Spartans coach Mark Dantonio is being very secretive about information this week, Eric Lacy writes in The Detroit News.
- Wisconsin is keeping it simple on defense and getting good results, Tom Mulhern writes in the Wisconsin State Journal.
- Purdue's season hasn't gone according to plan, but head coach Danny Hope is excited about recruiting for 2010, Mike Carmin writes in The (Lafayette) Journal and Courier.
- Indiana cornerback Ray Fisher will undergo knee surgery Wednesday and miss at least a game, Terry Hutchens writes in The Indianapolis Star.
- Illinois cornerback Terry Hawthorne is willing to play on offense as well, but he won't get the chance right away, Herb Gould writes in the Chicago Sun-Times.
- Iowa and Penn State both appear in the top 10 of SI.com's power rankings.