Big Ten lunch links
November, 13, 2012
By Adam Rittenberg | ESPN.com
You were this close to ripping off his mis-buttoned shirt and pulling down his inside-out underpants.
- Montee Ball's impending touchdowns record is superior to the Great Dayne's yards record, Andy Baggot writes. Wisconsin's defense hopes to even the score against Ohio State QB Braxton Miller.
- Ohio State would have been much better off imposing a bowl ban last year, Bob Hunter writes. The Wisconsin rivalry grows for Ohio State players. Etienne Sabino's return will boost the Buckeyes defense in Madison.
- Minnesota's MarQueis Gray has changed positions, but he's still the same high-character guy. Nate Sandell looks back the Gophers' win at Illinois.
- Northwestern's resolve will be tested again this week. RB Venric Mark and the Wildcats provide a challenge for Michigan State.
- Nebraska RB Rex Burkhead maintains a positive outlook despite an injury-plagued senior season. The Huskers' sideline spats don't mean the team is splintered.
- Michigan's seniors look for their first win against Iowa. The Wolverines' perimeter defense could cost them against Ohio State.
- Penn State top TE Kyle Carter (hand) is out for Saturday's game against Indiana. There's still plenty of talk about the controversial fumble call in the Penn State-Nebraska game.
- Despite his background in defense, Illinois coach Tim Beckman will take a more active role with the team's struggling offense. Freshman LB Mason Monheim has been a bright spot for the Illini.
- A look at how Michigan State's recruits fared last week.
- Tom Dienhart's latest bowl projections have Nebraska meeting Notre Dame in the Rose Bowl.
- Purdue grades out well in its latest game report card.
- The NCAA executive committee chair feels badly for Penn State's players because of the sanctions.
- Indiana's Dan Feeney has claimed a starting spot on the offensive line (subscription required).
- A look at Iowa's depth chart and other nuggets.
BIG TEN SCOREBOARD
Final Iowa 24 Pittsburgh 20 Final Eastern Michigan 14 11 Michigan State 73 Final Western Illinois 7 Northwestern 24 Final Southern Illinois 13 Purdue 35 Final Bowling Green 17 19 Wisconsin 68 Final Maryland 34 Syracuse 20 Final Utah 26 Michigan 10 Final Rutgers 31 Navy 24 Final Massachusetts 7 Penn State 48 Final San Jose State 7 Minnesota 24 Final Texas State 35 Illinois 42 Final Indiana 31 18 Missouri 27 Final Miami (FL) 31 24 Nebraska 41