Big Ten lunchtime links
November, 19, 2012
By Brian Bennett | ESPN.com
I was all excited to go see "Lincoln," but then some jerk spoiled the ending for me.
- Wisconsin says it has no plans to rest players against Penn State with nothing much on the line. The Badgers got commitments from a pair of defensive backs, a position of need for next season.
- Danny Hope's master plan hasn't come to full fruition after four years at Purdue, which is why a fifth year remains in doubt.
- Bill O'Brien was asked point blank whether he'll be back as Penn State coach in 2013, and he was noncommittal. Matt McGloin talks about the favorite moments of his career.
- Ohio State's Ryan Shazier is a legitimate Big Ten defensive player of the year candidate. Is the top spot in the AP poll attainable for the Buckeyes?
- Northwestern's defense was inspired by a Charles Tillman highlight reel.
- The Blackshirts are carrying their share of the load for Nebraska now. The gap between the Huskers and Iowa is growing, Sam McKewon writes.
- A.J. Barker quit Minnesota and accused Jerry Kill of mistreatment. Kill says the Gophers need to make a total commitment to football.
- Michigan State is viewing this week's game at Minnesota as a one-game playoff. Mark Dantonio says the Spartans will not fall apart.
- Even if healthy, Denard Robinson shouldn't play quarterback again for Michigan this season, Kyle Meinke says. The Wolverines' offense should remain in good shape even with the loss of some important seniors.
- All that's left for Iowa is playing spoiler and building for 2013. The Hawkeyes are at a crossroads, Pat Harty says.
- Reviewing Indiana's performance at Penn State (subscription required).
- Illinois' passing game is inept. Notes on another Illini loss.
- Big Ten power rankings from BTN.com and Athlon.
BIG TEN SCOREBOARD
12:00 PM ET Purdue Illinois 12:00 PM ET 20 Ohio State Maryland 2:30 PM ET North Texas Indiana 3:30 PM ET 17 Wisconsin Northwestern 7:00 PM ET Michigan Rutgers 8:00 PM ET 19 Nebraska 10 Michigan State