Big Ten lunchtime links
November, 26, 2012
By Brian Bennett | ESPN.com
Welcome to the first Monday of the offseason for Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Ohio State and Penn State fans.
- Now what for Illinois after a disastrous season? Tim Beckman's first season was a colossal failure.
- Reviewing Indiana's final game (subscription required). The Hoosiers picked up another impressive recruit, this time a four-star defensive lineman.
- Iowa's future at quarterback is a mystery. The Hawkeyes' next important date is the start of winter workouts on Tuesday.
- Urban Meyer could make life tough for Michigan. The Wolverines are left to wonder what might have been this season.
- Michigan State will need progress from Andrew Maxwell if the team is going to improve next year. Mark Dantonio's bold prediction of a win over Minnesota proved timely.
- Minnesota made it to a bowl, but it didn't get many positive vibes out of the final two weeks. MarQueis Gray was named the Gophers' MVP.
- Injuries in the middle of both lines are a tough blow for Nebraska. Sam McKewon looks at how the Cornhuskers won out.
- Looking at Northwestern's bowl options. The Wildcats resisted the urge to rub it in after blowing out Illinois.
- Luke Fickell might have performed the best turnaround in a bounce-back year for Ohio State. The future looks bright for the Buckeyes.
- Jordan Hill was there when Penn State needed him most. The NCAA transfer rule will hurt more than help the Nittany Lions players, Cory Giger says.
- Danny Hope's Purdue career is over. The Boilers are going to have to open their checkbooks.
- Wisconsin is offering no apologies for how it got to the Big Ten championship game. Saturday's game presents a chance for redemption for these Badgers.
- Power rankings from BTN.com. Athlon has its choices for Big Ten postseason awards.
BIG TEN SCOREBOARD
12:00 PM ET Purdue Illinois 12:00 PM ET 20 Ohio State Maryland 2:30 PM ET North Texas Indiana 3:30 PM ET 17 Wisconsin Northwestern 7:00 PM ET Michigan Rutgers 8:00 PM ET 19 Nebraska 10 Michigan State