Big Ten lunchtime links
December, 7, 2012
By Brian Bennett | ESPN.com
Congrats to Ron Swanson on his win for "Chair."
- Illinois has an easy sell on the recruiting trail: immediate playing time.
- Solid recruiting, especially on the defensive side, points to a promising future for Indiana (subscription required). An Ohio linebacker is the Hoosiers' latest commit.
- Michigan will get back to the basics when it starts bowl practice today. Taylor Lewan was named a Walter Camp All-American.
- Michigan State quarterback Andrew Maxwell is ready for the reward after a trying season.
- Ex-Minnesota receiver A.J. Barker is heading to Houston.
- Bo Pelini says Nebraska will be focused and ready for the Capital One Bowl.
- Northwestern's Pat Fitzgerald and Mississippi State's Dan Mullen will have to put their friendship aside for the Taxslayer.com Gator Bowl.
- History will be kind to Ohio State's 2012 season, Rob Oller writes. Braxton Miller won the Chicago Tribune's Silver Football award.
- Bill O'Brien is sticking around at Penn State, but don't get too used to any coach with the way the carousel spins, David Jones writes. Busting five myths from the Nittany Lions' season.
- Connecting the dots on the Darrell Hazell-to-Purdue timeline. Hazell scored his first victory with an impressive showing in his introductory news conference.
- Wisconsin should be able to hire a proven winner as its next coach, Tom Oates writes. Barry Alvarez was prodded by the Badgers seniors to coach. Montee Ball won the Doak Walker. Alvarez proved loyalty still matters by not going after Paul Chryst.
- The Big Ten can make an imprint in the New York TV market.
Tweets from https://twitter.com/ESPNCFB/lists/b1g