Big Ten lunchtime links
December, 12, 2012
By Brian Bennett | ESPN.com
Uh, 1,2, 1,2. Happy 12-12-12, and happy wedding day to MarQueis Gray.
- Jeff Potrykus thinks Barry Alvarez will still get his top choice in a new coach. Alvarez is reassuring Badgers recruits.
- A big recruiting weekend could determine how strongly Michigan finishes off this class. South Carolina native J.T. Floyd sees his career come full circle by facing the Gamecocks in his final college game.
- Mel Kiper Jr. talked about Michigan State's junior NFL draft candidates. The Spartans' small recruiting class this year includes a big-time kicker.
- Georgia coach Mark Richt's family has so many Nebraska ties that they call themselves "CornDawgs." A Huskers grad assistant got offered a full-time gig at Kentucky.
- Indiana picked up a pair of linebackers on the recruiting trail (subscription required).
- Northwestern sees Mississippi State as "a fun challenge."
- Penn State is looking for some more good recruiting news this week. Don't forget about Steven Bench.
- A safety became the latest juco player to commit to Illinois, bringing the total now to seven in this class.
- What went wrong for Iowa in 2012?
- New Purdue coach Darrell Hazell met with a recruit to make sure he was still on board with the Boilers.
- Minnesota gets back on the practice field today, while Texas Tech's coaching staff is in disarray.
- A look at some Big Ten committed recruits who will be playing in all-star games.
- Predicting a theoretical Ohio State-Notre Dame BCS title game.
- Linked it earlier, but in case you missed it, here's the Washington Post's highly detailed story on how Maryland joined the Big Ten. Maryland and Rutgers games could be kept off the Big Ten Network as a negotiating tactic.
- Athlon is already ranking teams for the 2013 season and has Ohio State No. 2, with three other Big Ten teams in the Top 25.