Big Ten lunch links
December, 13, 2012
By Adam Rittenberg | ESPN.com
His turnoffs are farms, Fizbo, and worst of all, Farmbo.
- Defensive coordinator Chris Ash's impending departure won't affect Wisconsin's bowl prep. Barry Alvarez is gradually working his way through coach interviews. Stanford's similar style helps Wisconsin prepare for the Rose Bowl.
- Randy Peterson writes that Greg Garmon's transfer from Iowa isn't the end of the world.
- Nebraska loses a graduate assistant, and panic sparks around the state. Former Huskers great Dave Rimington would like to be athletic director some day but understands he wasn't ready this time around.
- Michigan State and Michigan had little luck on their side in 2012. The Spartans must play catch-up in their bowl preparations.
- Bill O'Brien had a rewarding first season at Penn State. Police were called when former PSU running back Franco Harris and a documentary filmmaker tried to confront NCAA president Mark Emmert in Los Angeles.
- Purdue embraces the underdog role for its bowl game against Oklahoma State.
- Ohio State coach Urban Meyer is none too pleased about losing bowl practices.
- Chris Dufresne ranks the bowls and picks the winners.
- Cornerback recruit Marcus McShepard talks about heading to play for Northwestern.
- Michigan and Notre Dame will meet again under the lights at the Big House. A look at Michigan's chances for three prized recruits.