Big Ten lunchtime links
December, 14, 2012
By Brian Bennett | ESPN.com
Commence the Famous Idaho Potato Bowl tailgating.
- A weak Big Ten won't hurt Ohio State's national title hopes next season, Bob Hunter writes. A street in Columbus is now being called "12-0 Row." Maurice Clarett found a way to pop back into the news with a book excerpt about his lavish lifestyle with the Buckeyes.
- Penn State looks like it will be shorthanded at quarterback heading into the spring after Jake Waters chose Kansas State.
- Greg Garmon transferring sends the wrong message for Iowa, Pat Harty writes. Garmon would have had a lot of obstacles in front of him for playing time.
- What went right and wrong for Michigan this season. One thing that really went right for the Wolverines: profit.
- Mark Dantonio says Michigan State is inches away from greatness. A pair of Spartans recruits are battling for a Pennsylvania state title.
- Minnesota's bowl ticket sales are lagging. Alcohol sales at Gopher games accounted for $900,000 this season.
- Losing a grad assistant won't be the end of the world for Nebraska (and Nebraska might be the only place where fans would worry about that).
- Akeem Shavers is hoping to lead a Purdue ground charge against Oklahoma State.
- Wisconsin offensive coordinator Matt Canada could join Dave Doeren at NC State. Badgers players are dealing with the change.
- Looking back on the career of George Taliaferro, a Hoosier and a humanitarian.
- The Big Ten can't get embarrassed again in postseason play.
BIG TEN SCOREBOARD
Final West Virginia 40 Maryland 37 Final Indiana 42 Bowling Green 45 Final Kent State 0 22 Ohio State 66 Final Miami (OH) 10 Michigan 34 Final Iowa State 20 Iowa 17 Final Minnesota 7 TCU 30 Final Illinois 19 Washington 44 Final Purdue 14 11 Notre Dame 30 Final Penn State 13 Rutgers 10 Final Nebraska 55 Fresno State 19