Big Ten lunchtime links
December, 19, 2012
By Brian Bennett | ESPN.com
If the Mayans were right, two more days 'til the end of the world. Enjoy them.
- Gary Andersen will leave his beloved Utah behind to become Wisconsin's new head coach. Utah State beat writers give their perspectives on Andersen. One Badgers recruit said he'll meet with Andersen before deciding his future.
- Breaking in a green QB might not be the worst thing for Iowa.
- Michigan has a plan for using both Devin Gardner and Denard Robinson against South Carolina. Attrition could mean a bigger 2013 recruiting class for the Wolverines. Players like the new Outback Bowl uniforms.
- Ticket sales are trending downward in the three major sports at Minnesota.
- All-American offensive lineman Spencer Long is another former walk-on who found great success at Nebraska. Cameron Meredith has taken on the big challenge of moving inside from defensive end to tackle, where he is undersized.
- Pat Fitzgerald is making sure to mix in some fun with Northwestern's bowl preparations.
- Michigan State's bowl opponent, TCU, is experiencing some health problems.
- Former Ohio State assistant Paul Haynes is the new Kent State head coach. Urban Meyer and Bill O'Brien are finalists for another coaching award.
- A pair of quarterbacks and a kicker will walk on, er, run on to Penn State. O'Brien talked recruiting.
- Purdue's Eric McDaniel switched back to the defensive line, where he feels most comfortable.
- Illinois' Akeem Spence is moving on to the NFL.
- BTN.com reviews Indiana's 2012 season.