Big Ten lunchtime links
December, 26, 2012
By Brian Bennett | ESPN.com
Hope everyone had a holly, jolly Christmas.
- A car crash on Christmas Eve five years ago changed Michigan offensive lineman Elliott Mealer's life forever. Devin Gardner learned how to handle hype by watching Denard Robinson closely.
- Michigan State is facing a likely defensive struggle against TCU. The Spartans have designed a game plan to fit the strengths of Andrew Maxwell.
- Despite a series of injuries, Minnesota linebacker Brendan Beal vows to return for another season. The Gophers didn't mind working on Christmas. Texas Tech suspended three players for the Meineke Car Care Bowl of Texas.
- One diehard Northwestern fan has seen nine bowl losses by his favorite team but still keeps the faith.
- Ohio State defensive lineman Noah Spence's house was full of Christmas cheer -- and immediate family. Reviewing Urban Meyer's top moments of the year.
- A handful of prospects have committed to Penn State as non-scholarship players.
- Four Badgers juniors have to weigh the coaching change and other factors as they decide on the NFL draft. Wisconsin's recruits seem to be staying on board so far.
- Rex Burkhead's friendship with a young cancer patient is an inspiring tale. A look at some Nebraska redshirts who could make some noise next season.
- Incoming Purdue coach Darrell Hazell is still revered at Kent State.
- Dustin Dopirak reviews the top 10 Indiana stories of 2012 (subscription required).
- Bob Asmussen offers his Big Ten bowl picks.