Big Ten lunchtime links
January, 2, 2013
By Brian Bennett | ESPN.com
Sadly, it is now officially the offseason for the entire Big Ten.
- Northwestern finally got the monkey off its back with a bowl win. It was a breakthrough season for the Wildcats.
- Barry Alvarez's magic wasn't enough to hide Wisconsin's shortcomings in the Rose Bowl. The Badgers were gritty but not good enough. It was a bitter ending to Montee Ball's fantastic career.
- Steven Sipple asks if Nebraska fans still Bo-lieve after another bad defensive performance. Pelini's reaction to the loss reminded Tom Shatel of another Huskers turning point long ago. Rex Burkhead ran hard until the end. The Huskers face another uncomfortable offseason.
- People will be talking about Jadeveon Clowney's monster hit for a long time. South Carolina's big-play ability was too much for Michigan. The Denard Robinson era ended in disappointment for the Wolverines. Taylor Lewan will talk to his teammates before he announces his NFL decision.
- There was little to like about Purdue's dismal showing in Dallas.
- NFL teams are very interested in Bill O'Brien. The Nittany Lions could be back at square one if he leaves now. Tom Corbett's lawsuit is likely to be popular with voters.
- Kirk Ferentz is smart to say nothing about NFL speculation, Pat Harty writes.
- Le'Veon Bell is reportedly setting up meetings with agents, a sure sign he's going to the NFL.
- MarQueis Gray will be going to the NFL combine.
- A look back at Braxton Miller's five best plays of 2012.
- Mike Hlas reviews the Big Ten bowl performance.