Big Ten lunch links
January, 3, 2013
By Adam Rittenberg | ESPN.com
Don't forget: Big Ten chat starts right now!
- The NFL chatter about Bill O'Brien continues. Penn State needs O'Brien to keep building the foundation.
- Some views on Pennsylvania's lawsuit against the NCAA here and here and here and here.
- Dirk Chatelain nails it in this column about Nebraska's lack of a true identity under Bo Pelini. New Nebraska AD Shawn Eichorst has no plans to fix what isn't broken. The Blackshirts are looking for answers.
- Denard Robinson is gone, and Michigan's offense enters 2013 with plenty of question marks. Brady Hoke doesn't blame Michigan's breakdowns in the secondary on J.T. Floyd's suspension.
- Michigan State will be losing its top two offensive players to the NFL (RB Le'Veon Bell and TE Dion Sims). The Spartans still have a favorable schedule that elevates expectations in 2013.
- Tom Fornelli writes that the Big Ten fell on its face again in the bowls.
- Urban Meyer continues to stump for his former star, Tim Tebow, in the NFL.
- Despite a third straight Rose Bowl loss, Wisconsin has high expectations for 2013.
- Northwestern wins with speed and puts to rest a silly narrative. The Wildcats return home as bowl champs.
- Purdue's returning players use the bowl blowout as motivation.
- Indiana is eying another recruit from Indianapolis' Lawrence Central High School.
- Three Iowa players will compete in the East-West Shrine Game.
BIG TEN SCOREBOARD
Final Penn State 26 UCF 24 Final Youngstown State 17 Illinois 28 Final Indiana State 10 Indiana 28 Final Northern Iowa 23 Iowa 31 Final Appalachian State 14 Michigan 52 Final 5 Ohio State 34 Navy 17 Final Western Michigan 34 Purdue 43 Final Florida Atlantic 7 22 Nebraska 55 Final California 31 Northwestern 24 Final James Madison 7 Maryland 52 Final 14 Wisconsin 24 13 LSU 28
Final Eastern Illinois 20 Minnesota 42 Final Rutgers 41 Washington State 38