Big Ten lunchtime links
January, 8, 2013
By Brian Bennett | ESPN.com
Nick Saban has done the impossible. He's made the national championship game boring.
- Bill O'Brien cleared the air. Penn State and Oregon have much different approaches about big donors.
- New Wisconsin offensive coordinator Andy Ludwig stands to double his salary by leaving San Diego State. Gary Andersen could be going after a former Utah State recruit.
- The Champaign News-Gazette's Bob Asmussen, who ranked Michigan No. 1 to start last season, has Ohio State No. 1 in his early 2013 rankings.
- Scott Dochterman and Marc Morehouse talk about Iowa's assistant coaching situation on the "On Iowa" podcast.
- Former Michigan defensive coordinator Scott Shafer is the new head coach at Syracuse. Some Wolverines recruits and recruiting targets played well in all-star games. Kyle Meinke grades the Michigan quarterback position.
- Michigan State offensive lineman Jack Allen was named a freshman All-American.
- Three members of Nebraska's 2013 recruiting class have enrolled early.
- Purdue also added three early enrollees.
- The Big Ten divisional alignments need to respect tradition, Tom Shatel writes.
- Big Ten teams didn't make much of a dent in the final AP poll.