Big Ten lunch links
January, 10, 2013
By Adam Rittenberg | ESPN.com
We should start calling her ranch house, 'cause she doesn't have a second story.
- Nebraska offensive coordinator Tim Beck gets big paper. The Huskers are becoming the Big Ten's Running Back U., and land another top recruit.
- Defensive coordinator Ted Roof leaves Penn State after just one year, while his replacement John Butler has no trouble getting his points across. Never mind those rumors about Penn State playing Rhode Island in 2013.
- A former Purdue standout hopes to help a former Michigan State star get his life back on track.
- Several ex-Michigan offensive linemen helped Taylor Lewan with his decision to stay in school. The outlook for the Wolverines' offensive line suddenly looks a lot sunnier.
- One of two holdovers from the previous staff, Wisconsin assistant Ben Strickland helps keep the recruiting class together.
- It's likely the Iowa-Nebraska game remains on Black Friday for this season at least, Scott Dochterman writes.
- Ohio State's assistants cash in after the team wins the Leaders division title. The Buckeyes will challenge the Bama dynasty in 2013, Dennis Dodd writes.
- Michigan State heads to Georgia hoping to fill a recruiting need at defensive end.
- Purdue loses an offensive line recruit for the 2013 class. Purdue shows a greater commitment to football with higher salaries for Darrell Hazell and his staff.
- Former All-America safety Eric Hutchinson will be inducted into Northwestern's athletic hall of fame.