Big Ten lunchtime links
January, 18, 2013
By Brian Bennett | ESPN.com
Finally saw "Zero Dark Thirty" last night. Intense and awesome, though I still don't buy Andy from "Parks and Recreation" as a Navy SEAL.
- Michigan has switched two players committed to Big Ten schools to its camp this week. Denard Robinson is embracing the receiver role. Will Campbell has had flashes of brilliance but has been inconsistent in Shrine Game practices.
- Nebraska's Ben Cotton wants to be an NFL tight end and then go into coaching, just like his dad. A high school tight end said yes to Big Red. Examining the Huskers' defensive recruits.
- Wisconsin quarterback Curt Phillips got a sixth year of eligibility. Badgers assistant Bill Busch is thrilled to be back in Madison.
- Bill O'Brien was named the Bear Bryant coach of the year. Penn State players did well in the classroom.
- Urban Meyer checked in on some Oregon commitments.
- Michigan State is gearing up for a big recruiting weekend.
- Tom Dienhart has his early 2013 Big Ten power rankings. Spoiler alert: he's higher on Iowa and lower on Northwestern than most others I've seen.
- CBSSports.com reviews the Big Ten season in podcast form.
- Iowa's athletic department finished in the red for the first time in seven years. Hawkeyes AD Gary Barta says geography will play a major role in division re-alignment.
- Indiana's signing class is discussed in this Bloomington Herald-Times chat.
BIG TEN SCOREBOARD
Final Iowa 24 Pittsburgh 20 Final Eastern Michigan 14 11 Michigan State 73 Final Western Illinois 7 Northwestern 24 Final Southern Illinois 13 Purdue 35 Final Bowling Green 17 19 Wisconsin 68 Final Maryland 34 Syracuse 20 Final Utah 26 Michigan 10 Final Rutgers 31 Navy 24 Final Massachusetts 7 Penn State 48 Final San Jose State 7 Minnesota 24 Final Texas State 35 Illinois 42 Final Indiana 31 18 Missouri 27 Final Miami (FL) 31 24 Nebraska 41