Big Ten lunchtime links
January, 23, 2013
By Brian Bennett | ESPN.com
It's national pie day! Like I need an excuse to eat pie.
- Athlon offers five reasons why Ohio State is Alabama's biggest threat in 2013. Buckeyes football ticket prices are likely about to rise.
- Late recruiting additions have played a big role in the Bo Pelini era at Nebraska. Some leaders are emerging for the Huskers during winter conditioning.
- Wisconsin assistant Bill Busch says the Badgers will continue to play their signature style.
- New Purdue defensive coordinator Greg Hudson will bring a burst of energy to the Boilermakers. A tight end committed to the Boilers.
- Ten questions with Penn State recruit Christian Hackenberg. Stephon Morris took some shots at Nittany Lions transfers on Twitter. A vigil was held for Joe Paterno.
- An Urbana quarterback is weighing a walk-on offer from Illinois.
- Indiana defensive tackles coach and recruiting coordinator Mark Hagen will reportedly go to Texas A&M to coach linebackers.
- Iowa won't increase its ticket prices for 2013.
- Denard Robinson will be used in multiple ways during the Senior Bowl. Some Wolverines recruits have gone up and down the rankings.
- Michigan State commit Damion Terry spent some time talking to Drake Harris during an official visit.
- SI.com's Andy Staples has his way-too-early 2013 Top 25, and it includes Ohio State at No. 5, Michigan at No. 12, Northwestern at No. 21 and Nebraska at No. 22.
- Maryland is preparing for a long legal battle over leaving the ACC.
- Dennis Dodd talks to Mark Hollis, Jim Delany and others about whether college football's popularity has peaked.