Big Ten lunchtime links
January, 23, 2013
By Brian Bennett | ESPN.com
It's national pie day! Like I need an excuse to eat pie.
- Athlon offers five reasons why Ohio State is Alabama's biggest threat in 2013. Buckeyes football ticket prices are likely about to rise.
- Late recruiting additions have played a big role in the Bo Pelini era at Nebraska. Some leaders are emerging for the Huskers during winter conditioning.
- Wisconsin assistant Bill Busch says the Badgers will continue to play their signature style.
- New Purdue defensive coordinator Greg Hudson will bring a burst of energy to the Boilermakers. A tight end committed to the Boilers.
- Ten questions with Penn State recruit Christian Hackenberg. Stephon Morris took some shots at Nittany Lions transfers on Twitter. A vigil was held for Joe Paterno.
- An Urbana quarterback is weighing a walk-on offer from Illinois.
- Indiana defensive tackles coach and recruiting coordinator Mark Hagen will reportedly go to Texas A&M to coach linebackers.
- Iowa won't increase its ticket prices for 2013.
- Denard Robinson will be used in multiple ways during the Senior Bowl. Some Wolverines recruits have gone up and down the rankings.
- Michigan State commit Damion Terry spent some time talking to Drake Harris during an official visit.
- SI.com's Andy Staples has his way-too-early 2013 Top 25, and it includes Ohio State at No. 5, Michigan at No. 12, Northwestern at No. 21 and Nebraska at No. 22.
- Maryland is preparing for a long legal battle over leaving the ACC.
- Dennis Dodd talks to Mark Hollis, Jim Delany and others about whether college football's popularity has peaked.
BIG TEN SCOREBOARD
Final West Virginia 40 Maryland 37 Final Indiana 42 Bowling Green 45 Final Kent State 0 22 Ohio State 66 Final Miami (OH) 10 Michigan 34 Final Iowa State 20 Iowa 17 Final Minnesota 7 TCU 30 Final Illinois 19 Washington 44 Final Purdue 14 11 Notre Dame 30 Final Penn State 13 Rutgers 10 Final Nebraska 55 Fresno State 19