Big Ten lunch links
January, 24, 2013
By Adam Rittenberg | ESPN.com
Fulgencio Umberto. The initials are F.U. Pritchett, which is exactly the way it feels right now.
- Some Ohio State football tickets are likely getting much more expensive. The Buckeyes lose two players but gain two scholarship spots.
- Steve Politi watches the Big Ten Network for a day and shares his thoughts.
- Michigan's Denard Robinson talks about when he realized he wouldn't be an NFL quarterback. Robinson's draft stock might be falling during Senior Bowl week, as playing down the stretch for the Wolverines might have cost him.
- New Wisconsin coach Gary Andersen gets to know the Badger boosters. Wisconsin fans should pump the brakes on the optimism for 2013.
- A Q&A with new Illinois offensive line coach Jim Bridge.
- Nebraska went 1-for-2 on defensive back prospects, picking up a commitment from Boaz Joseph. The Huskers hope to hold onto two recruits who are looking around.
- Michigan State's committed recruits enjoyed their official visits to campus.
- Which Penn State players are captain material? Maybe offensive lineman Eric Shrive. Lions linebacker Michael Mauti takes a unique approach to marketing himself to NFL teams.
- Several Big Ten recruits make Andy Staples' All-Name Team.
- A look back at some Minnesota football history.
- Purdue must make a late recruiting push to fill its 2013 class.
- Indiana assistant Mark Hagen is off to Aggieland. The Hoosiers are quietly putting together a solid recruiting class.
- Several Big Ten teams are in the mix for a California recruit.
BIG TEN SCOREBOARD
Final Iowa 24 Pittsburgh 20 Final Eastern Michigan 14 11 Michigan State 73 Final Western Illinois 7 Northwestern 24 Final Southern Illinois 13 Purdue 35 Final Bowling Green 17 19 Wisconsin 68 Final Maryland 34 Syracuse 20 Final Utah 26 Michigan 10 Final Rutgers 31 Navy 24 Final Massachusetts 7 Penn State 48 Final San Jose State 7 Minnesota 24 Final Texas State 35 Illinois 42 Final Indiana 31 18 Missouri 27 Final Miami (FL) 31 24 Nebraska 41