Big Ten lunchtime links
February, 8, 2013
By Brian Bennett | ESPN.com
Five-star Friday links:
- How Penn State plans to deal with the $60 million NCAA fine. Bill O'Brien doesn't care about recruiting star rankings. O'Brien and the Nittany Lions weathered the first part of the sanctions storm. The flow of Ohio kids to State College has dried up.
- Michigan's recruiting blueprint is winning in-state battles and raiding Ohio. The Wolverines have beefed up their offensive line. Fitz Toussaint shocked his coaches by running around, 10 weeks after breaking his leg.
- Florida State was unable to swipe Ohio State recruit Chris Worley. The Buckeyes have a punting issue after longtime commit Johnny Townsend signed with Florida. Jalin Marshall is one of several recruits who will bring big-time speed to Columbus
- Michigan State hopes one of its three tailback signees becomes a marquee runner. The top five Spartans signees most likely to play right away. Some top quarterbacks are on Michigan State's radar for 2014.
- Reviewing Nebraska recruit Tre'vell Dixon's wild ride to signing day. Assistant coach John Garrison's ties to Kansas City helped the Huskers.
- Billy Gonzales is leaving Illinois.
- A look at why the Iowa recruiting class is unique. Kirk Ferentz knows that recruiting is about to get crazy with its new rules.
- An update on some Minnesota walk-ons.
- Indiana's class was a hit.
- Recruiting costs are soaring in the Big Ten. Northwestern's Pat Fitzgerald is not a fan of the unlimited texting rule..
- Ten things to know about the Purdue recruiting class.
- Wisconsin coach Gary Andersen says junior-college recruits are worth the risk.
BIG TEN SCOREBOARD
12:00 PM ET Illinois Northwestern 12:00 PM ET Purdue Indiana 12:00 PM ET Michigan 6 Ohio State 3:30 PM ET 10 Michigan State Penn State 3:30 PM ET 18 Minnesota 14 Wisconsin 3:30 PM ET Rutgers Maryland