Big Ten lunchtime links
February, 11, 2013
By Brian Bennett | ESPN.com
Where do I apply to become the next Pope?
- The Paterno report does little to change JoePa's legacy, David Jones writes. The report ignores key details, Rich Hoffman says. The unanswered question is whether Paterno knew about the 1998 allegations against Jerry Sandusky, Dan Wetzel writes. The report will only make JoePa supporters feel better, Gregg Doyel argues. Phil Knight reversed course again, saying the Freeh report maligned Paterno.
- Urban Meyer has brought in SEC-style talent; now, can he beat the SEC on the field? Former Ohio State offensive lineman Joey O'Connor is transferring to Colorado State. The Buckeyes got three commitments for 2014. Meyer was wrong to call out his colleagues over recruiting, Pat Harty says.
- Brady Hoke prefers staying close to home when looking for talent. Michigan has gone for size over speed at receiver.
- Michigan State's tailback battle will be heated this offseason. The Spartans signed only one offensive lineman, but Dennis Finley could be a crucial piece of the future puzzle.
- Wisconsin coach Gary Andersen would like to continue the Polynesian pipeline he developed in Utah to help the Badgers. Henry Mason should be a valuable resource for Andersen now that he's back in the game.
- Marshall's wide receivers coach is expected to be named the new tight ends coach at Purdue.
- The new NCAA recruiting rules will test Bo Pelini and his principles, Steven M. Sipple writes. Johnny Stanton could be Nebraska's most important recruit.
- The story of how Minnesota plucked a quarterback recruit out of the SEC clutches.
- Greg Colby is returning to the Illinois family as the team's new defensive line coach.
- Some new names are in play for Iowa's football staff.
- Indiana hit the jackpot in recruiting defensive players.
- Northwestern built its class on wants, not needs.
BIG TEN SCOREBOARD
12:00 PM ET Northwestern Iowa 12:00 PM ET Maryland Penn State 12:00 PM ET Wisconsin Rutgers 3:30 PM ET Purdue 15 Nebraska 3:30 PM ET Indiana Michigan 8:00 PM ET Illinois 16 Ohio State