Big Ten lunchtime links
February, 13, 2013
By Brian Bennett | ESPN.com
Happy hump day.
- Former Illinois co-offensive coordinator Billy Gonzales was hired at Mississippi State. The Illini have created a Chicago advisory board.
- A closer look at Iowa cornerback signee Desmond King and linebacker signee John Kenny.
- Michigan's latest 2014 commitment is a 315-pound defensive tackle from Utah. Brady Hoke and Mark Dantonio exchanged pleasantries before last night's Spartans-Wolverines basketball game.
- A bronze statue of Woody Hayes will be unveiled today. Seven Ohio State signees could make an instant impact on defense this year.
- Michigan State linebacker Denicos Allen had foot surgery but expects to be ready to go for the 2013 season.
- A Minnesota perspective on the proposed changes in the Big Ten.
- Nebraska athletic director Shawn Eichorst was cautious in his comments about the Big Ten meetings. A police officer told a jury that former Husker Alfonzo Dennard punched him in the face.
- Penn State is focused on improving its recruiting in Ohio, New England and the deep South. Jason Whitlock says Joe Paterno held onto power for too long.
- New Purdue offensive coordinator John Shoop wants to help the Boilers get physical.
- The Big Ten's decision to go to more conference games might be about business, but it's also good for the fans, Tom Oates writes.
- Barry Alvarez said the Big Ten is eliminating cupcakes.