Big Ten lunch links
February, 15, 2013
By Adam Rittenberg | ESPN.com
Better late than never ...
- Michigan running back Fitz Toussaint updates us on his road back from a broken leg. Michigan offensive coordinator Al Borges won't make radical changes to the scheme in 2013. Michigan's recruiting coordinator says alternate jerseys don't make an impact on the trail.
- Iowa's revamped coaching staff finally comes into focus. There are still questions of who does what on the Hawkeyes' defensive staff.
- Wisconsin is on pace to pay its assistant coaches more in 2013 than it did last year. The Badgers make it official and name Chris Beatty as their new receivers coach.
- Bill O'Brien's NFL experience helps him manage Penn State's roster. The Irish slant on a possible Penn State game on the Emerald Isle. Jay Paterno is writing a book about his father.
- Illinois alum and former assistant Greg Colby is happy to be back in Champaign.
- Nebraska's new offensive line recruits will keep things lively. Huskers coach Bo Pelini is subpoenaed in the Alfonzo Dennard trial.
- Doug Lesmerises takes us inside the Woody Hayes Athletic Center at Ohio State.
- Big Ten schedules will only improve with fewer non-BCS AQ opponents, Matt Hayes writes. The Big Ten is becoming a basketball conference as football underperforms.
- Minnesota's first recruit for the 2014 class is potentially a big one.
- Hear from new Indiana assistant coach James Patton.
- Check out which Big Ten players made Andy Staples' All-Two-Star (and fewer) team. Here's a Big Ten-specific version from Tom Dienhart.
- Purdue coach Darrell Hazell is leading a 5K run/walk to benefit cancer research.
BIG TEN SCOREBOARD
Final Penn State 14 Illinois 16 Final Indiana 27 6 Ohio State 42 Final 25 Minnesota 28 23 Nebraska 24 Final Northwestern 38 Purdue 14 Final Rutgers 3 11 Michigan State 45 Final 16 Wisconsin 26 Iowa 24 Final Maryland 23 Michigan 16