Big Ten lunch links
November, 19, 2009
By Adam Rittenberg | ESPN.com
No missing links here. Your plate is full today.
- Illinois, Penn State, and Michigan's defense all appear in colleague Bruce Feldman's list of biggest disappointments this season (ESPN Insider).
- Believe it or not (I tend to not), Ohio State still has a shot at the national title game and here's how it can happen, Doug Lesmerises writes in The Cleveland Plain Dealer. Ohio State feels no sympathy for Michigan and wants to beat "that helmet," Tim May writes in The Columbus Dispatch.
- Purdue's Joey Elliott, Keith Smith and Ralph Bolden could make history on Saturday, Mike Carmin writes in The (Lafayette) Journal and Courier.
- Wisconsin's coaching staff will assess John Clay's NFL draft prospects as the redshirt sophomore running back weighs whether to return for 2010, Jeff Potrykus writes in the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.
- Penn State still has BCS dreams, but Michigan State has burst the Lions' bubble before, Bernard Fernandez writes in the Philadelphia Daily News.
- Michigan running back Brandon Minor is doubtful for the Ohio State game, Mark Snyder writes in the Detroit Free Press.
- Northwestern head coach Pat Fitzgerald has no interest in leaving for a potential vacancy at Notre Dame, Teddy Greenstein writes in the Chicago Tribune.
- Iowa head coach Kirk Ferentz doesn't like playing games on Thanksgiving weekend, but he's open to moving things back to December, Scott Dochterman writes in The (Cedar Rapids) Gazette.
- Michigan State's senior class has improved the program during its run in East Lansing, Eric Lacy writes in The Detroit News.