Big Ten lunchtime links
February, 27, 2013
By Brian Bennett | ESPN.com
Phew, for a minute there I lost myself.
- Reports say former Ohio State playcaller and current Purdue offensive line coach Jim Bollman will be the new Michigan State offensive coordinator. Michigan State's Johnny Adams fared well at the NFL combine despite a lingering turf toe injury. Kirk Cousins said he felt the frustration of watching the Spartans' offense last year.
- Is Danny Hope delusional, or does he have a point?
- Five players to watch during Northwestern's spring practice, which began this morning. The Wildcats must protect Venric Mark this spring. Reviewing Pat Fitzgerald's recruiting.
- Brady Hoke vowed to find a replacement quickly for departed defensive line coach Jerry Montgomery. A Florida offensive lineman who committed to Michigan could help recruit some of his teammates to Ann Arbor.
- Daimion Stafford worked out at the combine and will probably need to improve some of his numbers at Nebraska's pro day. Stadium expansion means the Huskers finally have enough supply to meet ticket-buyers' demand. Nebraska and Iowa will keep playing on Black Friday.
- Penn State got a 2014 commitment from an athletic, college-ready linebacker. The Nittany Lions' new safeties coach is a high-energy guy with high standards.
- Montee Ball's combine results were a mixed bag.
- Tim Beckman rounded out his Illinois coaching staff.
- Iowa made changes to its staff and now must build chemistry among the coaches.
- Looking back and looking forward for Minnesota safety Derrick Wells.
- Athlon ranks the Big Ten coaching jobs.
BIG TEN SCOREBOARD
Final West Virginia 40 Maryland 37 Final Indiana 42 Bowling Green 45 Final Kent State 0 22 Ohio State 66 Final Miami (OH) 10 Michigan 34 Final Iowa State 20 Iowa 17 Final Minnesota 7 TCU 30 Final Illinois 19 Washington 44 Final Purdue 14 11 Notre Dame 30 Final Penn State 13 Rutgers 10 Final Nebraska 55 Fresno State 19