Penn State is off and running for spring practice, and both Purdue and Michigan State hit the field today.
To the links ...
To the links ...
- Decorated recruit Christian Hackenberg will be part of the QB mix at Penn State when he arrives this summer. A good overview of coach Bill O'Brien's second spring in State College. More on the Lions' QB competition this spring.
- Michigan State's QB competition will attract attention even during March Madness, Graham Couch writes. Andrew Maxwell remains the Spartans' No. 1 signal-caller, but he'll be challenged this spring. An already strong MSU defense is looking for playmakers in the secondary.
- Purdue fans can watch almost every practice this spring as Darrell Hazell opens the doors. Tom Fornelli takes a closer look at the Boilers this spring.
- After no combine invite, Indiana DT Adam Replogle stands out during Indiana's pro day (subscription required). More on the Hoosiers' pro day here and here.
- Ohio State has the best combined football/men's basketball record in the country.
- Wisconsin DT Beau Allen (ankle) is anxious to return to the practice field (subscription required). Badgers QB Curt Phillips is competing this spring but looks forward to being even healthier in fall camp.
- If you missed it from earlier, Big Ten commissioner Jim Delany says the league would de-emphasize sports before adopting a pay-for-play model, SI.com's Andy Staples writes.
- Kevin Trahan projects Northwestern's depth chart midway through the spring. Quarterback recruit Clayton Thorson talks about his commitment to Northwestern .
- Minnesota releases its full spring practice schedule, and all 15 sessions are open to the public.
- New Michigan assistant Roy Manning enters a favorable situation with the team's linebackers.
- Some Iowa spring football talk on the latest "On Iowa" podcast.