Big Ten lunchtime links
March, 25, 2013
By Brian Bennett | ESPN.com
Florida Gulf Coast and La Salle in the Sweet 16. You had that, right?
- One writer predicts that Indiana will go bowling in 2013.
- Examining the running back position at Iowa this spring.
- Desmond Morgan talks about practicing at middle linebacker this spring for Michigan.
- Mark Dantonio issued a positive practice report for Michigan State. Linebacker Max Bullough says he wants to force a turnover on every play. The Spartans are trying to figure out how to win close games.
- Reviewing the first half of Nebraska's spring practice as the Huskers return today from a 10-day break.
- Another Querio brother appears close to joining Northwestern.
- Ohio State's offensive linemen are much more established this spring than last (subscription required). The Buckeyes added a defensive line recruit from Illinois.
- Bill O'Brien isn't just Penn State's head coach -- he's also the Nittany Lions' "capologist." Will Adam Breneman redshirt this year?
- Raheem Mostert wants to be a bigger part of the Purdue offense this season.
- Jeffrey Lewis might be buried on the Wisconsin running back depth chart, but he's in no hurry to switch positions. Badgers assistants will make about $500,000 more combined than last year's group of assistant coaches did.
- Will the NFL's crown rule affect college players?
BIG TEN SCOREBOARD
Final Eastern Illinois 20 Minnesota 42 Final Rutgers 41 Washington State 38
Final Penn State 26 UCF 24 Final Youngstown State 17 Illinois 28 Final Indiana State 10 Indiana 28 Final Northern Iowa 23 Iowa 31 Final Appalachian State 14 Michigan 52 Final 5 Ohio State 34 Navy 17 Final Western Michigan 34 Purdue 43 Final Florida Atlantic 7 22 Nebraska 55 Final California 31 Northwestern 24 Final James Madison 7 Maryland 52 Final 14 Wisconsin 24 13 LSU 28