Minnesota hits the practice field today and Iowa follows Wednesday. Big Ten spring football is finally in full swing.
To the links ...
To the links ...
- Nebraska freshman WR Alonzo Moore is turning heads in spring practice. The Huskers are piecing together their rotation at linebacker. A lack of depth at I-back has forced some Huskers' freshman walk-ons onto the field.
- Michigan defensive coordinator Greg Mattison gets a nice raise with his new contract. Safety Thomas Gordon is emerging as a leader for the Wolverines' defense. Another Michigan defensive back, corner Blake Countess, hasn't been slowed down by a surgically repaired knee.
- Paul Myerberg with a good look at Penn State in spring ball. Penn State flipped recruit Troy Reeder -- from lacrosse to football.
- Tom Fornelli previews Iowa's spring practice. Hawkeyes 2014 recruit Ross Pierschbacher has received an invitation to the Under Armour All-American game.
- Jerry Kill is excited about Minnesota's offseason so far as spring ball begins. The Gophers' wide receiving corps is filled with question marks.
- Ohio State DE John Simon is pleased with his workout for NFL scouts. The Buckeyes' offensive line has a lot more certainty this spring than last. Urban Meyer is rooting for Florida Gulf Coast, where his daughter plays volleyball, in its upcoming Sweet 16 matchup against his former employer (Florida).
- Purdue defensive back Anthony Brown is willing to fill in wherever he's needed (corner, safety, nickel). Despite all of the changes at Purdue, Rob Henry maintains the same goal: to start at quarterback for the Boilers.
- Get your fill of Illinois spring football nuggets from Loren Tate.
- Greg Pickel examines Wisconsin in spring practice.
- Indiana WR Duwyce Wilson aims to return to form as a fifth-year senior (subscription required). All the details you need to know for Indiana's Cream & Crimson spring game.
- Northwestern's next specialist might handle punts, kickoffs and field goals.