Big Ten lunch links
March, 27, 2013
By Adam Rittenberg | ESPN.com
Brian will be live-blogging from Nebraska's spring practice today, starting at 1 p.m. ET and finishing around 5 p.m. ET. Huskers quarterback Taylor Martinez will be taking your questions at 2 p.m. ET, and Brian will be chatting about Big Red and the entire Big Ten at 3 p.m. ET. Be sure to check it out!
Onto the links ...
Onto the links ...
- Philip Nelson is a 19-year-old rising sophomore, but he's the veteran among Minnesota's quarterbacks. Gophers running back Donnell Kirkwood vows to be a better leader this year than he was in 2012.
- Ohio State assistant Everett Withers lights a fire under safety Corey Brown. Another Buckeyes safety, Christian Bryant, hopes to complement big hits with better consistency. AD Gene Smith says Ohio State is much more than a football school.
- Michigan State's backs are off and running as they try to replace Le'Veon Bell. Junior Nick Hill has an early lead in the running back race. Some news and nuggets from Spartans' spring practice.
- Iowa's quarterback situation is very much a mystery as spring ball kicks off, Pat Harty writes. Marc Morehouse previews Iowa's wide receivers and tight ends entering the spring.
- Nebraska quarterbacks and future roommates Taylor Martinez and Ron Kellogg III are the "odd couple," Steven M. Sipple writes. Huskers cornerback Stanley Jean-Baptiste has the talent to be a star but needs steadier play.
- Bob Flounders examines which young Penn State players could break out in spring practice.
- Michigan likes the big-play capabilities of young WRs Jehu Chesson and Amara Darboh. Offensive coordinator Al Borges expects a stronger offensive line and an improved run game in 2013. After some tough times last season, Michigan reserve quarterback Russell Bellomy is regaining his confidence.
- Dustin Hockensmith breaks down the Big Ten nonconference schedules in 2013.
- Wisconsin's and Northwestern's runs to the Rose Bowl in 1993 and 1995, respectively, are among college football's top Cinderella stories.
- Purdue's running back group, which includes several new faces this spring, calls itself "The Stable." Video interviews and practice notes from the Boilers' latest spring workout.
- Indiana mixes work and fun this spring (subscription required). Highlights and interviews from Indiana's eighth spring workout.
- Wisconsin linebacker Mike Taylor, recovering from hernia surgery, cancels his predraft workout. Who should the Badgers play at the end of the season after division realignment?
BIG TEN SCOREBOARD
Final Eastern Illinois 20 Minnesota 42 Final Rutgers 41 Washington State 38
Final Penn State 26 UCF 24 Final Youngstown State 17 Illinois 28 Final Indiana State 10 Indiana 28 Final Northern Iowa 23 Iowa 31 Final Appalachian State 14 Michigan 52 Final 5 Ohio State 34 Navy 17 Final Western Michigan 34 Purdue 43 Final Florida Atlantic 7 22 Nebraska 55 Final California 31 Northwestern 24 Final James Madison 7 Maryland 52 Final 14 Wisconsin 24 13 LSU 28