Big Ten lunch links
March, 27, 2013
By Adam Rittenberg | ESPN.com
Brian will be live-blogging from Nebraska's spring practice today, starting at 1 p.m. ET and finishing around 5 p.m. ET. Huskers quarterback Taylor Martinez will be taking your questions at 2 p.m. ET, and Brian will be chatting about Big Red and the entire Big Ten at 3 p.m. ET. Be sure to check it out!
Onto the links ...
Onto the links ...
- Philip Nelson is a 19-year-old rising sophomore, but he's the veteran among Minnesota's quarterbacks. Gophers running back Donnell Kirkwood vows to be a better leader this year than he was in 2012.
- Ohio State assistant Everett Withers lights a fire under safety Corey Brown. Another Buckeyes safety, Christian Bryant, hopes to complement big hits with better consistency. AD Gene Smith says Ohio State is much more than a football school.
- Michigan State's backs are off and running as they try to replace Le'Veon Bell. Junior Nick Hill has an early lead in the running back race. Some news and nuggets from Spartans' spring practice.
- Iowa's quarterback situation is very much a mystery as spring ball kicks off, Pat Harty writes. Marc Morehouse previews Iowa's wide receivers and tight ends entering the spring.
- Nebraska quarterbacks and future roommates Taylor Martinez and Ron Kellogg III are the "odd couple," Steven M. Sipple writes. Huskers cornerback Stanley Jean-Baptiste has the talent to be a star but needs steadier play.
- Bob Flounders examines which young Penn State players could break out in spring practice.
- Michigan likes the big-play capabilities of young WRs Jehu Chesson and Amara Darboh. Offensive coordinator Al Borges expects a stronger offensive line and an improved run game in 2013. After some tough times last season, Michigan reserve quarterback Russell Bellomy is regaining his confidence.
- Dustin Hockensmith breaks down the Big Ten nonconference schedules in 2013.
- Wisconsin's and Northwestern's runs to the Rose Bowl in 1993 and 1995, respectively, are among college football's top Cinderella stories.
- Purdue's running back group, which includes several new faces this spring, calls itself "The Stable." Video interviews and practice notes from the Boilers' latest spring workout.
- Indiana mixes work and fun this spring (subscription required). Highlights and interviews from Indiana's eighth spring workout.
- Wisconsin linebacker Mike Taylor, recovering from hernia surgery, cancels his predraft workout. Who should the Badgers play at the end of the season after division realignment?
BIG TEN SCOREBOARD
11:00 AM ET Nevada Louisiana-Lafayette 2:20 PM ET Utah State UTEP 3:30 PM ET 22 Utah Colorado State 5:45 PM ET Western Michigan Air Force 9:15 PM ET South Alabama Bowling Green
6:00 PM ET Marshall Northern Illinois 9:30 PM ET Navy San Diego State
12:00 PM ET Central Michigan Western Kentucky 8:00 PM ET Fresno State Rice
1:00 PM ET Illinois Louisiana Tech 4:30 PM ET Rutgers North Carolina 8:00 PM ET North Carolina State UCF
1:00 PM ET Cincinnati Virginia Tech 2:00 PM ET 15 Arizona State Duke 3:30 PM ET Miami (FL) South Carolina 4:30 PM ET Boston College Penn State 8:00 PM ET Nebraska 24 USC
2:00 PM ET Texas A&M West Virginia 5:30 PM ET Oklahoma 17 Clemson 9:00 PM ET Arkansas Texas
3:00 PM ET Notre Dame 23 LSU 6:30 PM ET 13 Georgia 21 Louisville 10:00 PM ET Maryland Stanford
12:30 PM ET 9 Ole Miss 6 TCU 4:00 PM ET 20 Boise State 10 Arizona 8:00 PM ET 7 Mississippi State 12 Georgia Tech
12:00 PM ET 19 Auburn 18 Wisconsin 12:30 PM ET 8 Michigan State 5 Baylor 1:00 PM ET 16 Missouri 25 Minnesota 5:00 PM ET 2 Oregon 3 Florida State 8:30 PM ET 1 Alabama 4 Ohio State
12:00 PM ET Houston Pittsburgh 3:20 PM ET Iowa Tennessee 6:45 PM ET 11 Kansas State 14 UCLA 10:15 PM ET Washington Oklahoma State