Big Ten lunchtime links
March, 29, 2013
By Brian Bennett | ESPN.com
It may be spring, but winter is coming on Sunday.
- Iowa has a simple slogan for 2013: Make a play. Examining the Hawkeyes' offensive line.
- Brady Hoke is pleased with Michigan's progress this spring. Jake Ryan had his knee surgery and could still play in 2013.
- Michigan State added a quarterback for the 2014 class. The battle is on for the other Spartans cornerback job opposite Darqueze Dennard.
- Pat Fitzgerald can help new Northwestern basketball coach Chris Collins
- Minnesota's Ra'Shede Hageman is locked in for this season and beyond.
- Even though he's injured this spring, Thad Randle is trying to be a leader for the young Nebraska defensive linemen. Corey Cooper is growing into his role at safety.
- Braxton Miller -- and his quarterbacks coach -- are focused on fundamentals this spring. Former Buckeye great Dave Leggett passed away.
- Penn State has offered a scholarship to Tyrone Wheatley, Jr (not surprisingly, so has Michigan). Some under-the-radar Nittany Lions who could step up this season. How will Bill O'Brien handle the criminal charges against recruit Zayd Issah?
- Purdue linebacker Will Lucas wants to go out with a big senior season.
- Kevin Wilson and a couple of defensive players talk about Indiana's Thursday scrimmage.
- Illinois is trying to fill holes in its secondary this spring.
- Wisconsin still has a lot of questions to answer at quarterback.