Big Ten lunchtime links
April, 1, 2013
By Brian Bennett | ESPN.com
Happy Opening Day, especially for these guys.
- Tim Beckman wants a yearly practice in Chicago. Beckman proclaimed Friday's Illinois scrimmage a success.
- Indiana receiver Ricky Jones is back in action after missing most of last year with an ankle injury.
- James Vandenberg has given himself a chance at playing in the NFL. Brandon Scherff has returned to left tackle for Iowa.
- Some Michigan recruiting nuggets.
- Michigan State's Shilique Calhoun is ready to take a step forward. Calhoun gives his take on the Spartans' tailbacks. Mark Dantonio beat out Tennessee for a quarterback recruit.
- Minnesota feels it is far ahead of its pace from this time last spring. Matt Limegrover is looking for a sense of urgency from Ohio State transfer Brian Bobek.
- Former hockey player Cole Pensick is making a power play for the Nebraska starting center job. The Huskers are preparing to face more mobile quarterbacks.
- Greg Pickel examines Northwestern's spring practice. A spring stock report on the Wildcats.
- Ohio State is pushing Braxton Miller to reach his full potential. Urban Meyer is looking for competitive spirit from his Buckeyes.
- Penn State is striving to maintain its Linebacker U tradition. Is there a curse on the players who transferred from the Nittany Lions last summer? Deion Barnes looks bound for greatness.
- Purdue held a special-teams scrimmage on Friday. Some interviews from that scrimmage.
- Wisconsin offensive players say they're more accepting of the coaching changes now than they were when Paul Chryst left. Jeff Lewis is out to prove his worth. Gary Andersen's thoughts on the first two weeks of Badgers practice.