Big Ten lunchtime links
April, 8, 2013
By Brian Bennett | ESPN.com
"He was just saying what everybody else was thinking." So good to have Roger Sterling back in our lives.
- A receiving prospect committed to Illinois rather than wait for other offers. Illini football is being overshadowed by basketball.
- Kevin Wilson and others discuss Indiana's scrimmage on Saturday. Quarterback is a position of strength for the Hoosiers (subscription required).
- Iowa linebackers are being more aggressive under their new position coach. That includes James Morris, who shaved off his mustache in an effort to forget last year.
- Shane Morris can probably say goodbye to his redshirt season after Russell Bellomy's injury. Phil Steele is higher on the Wolverines than many other prognosticators.
- Could Michigan State use a two-quarterback system this season? Tyler O'Connor says he's gunning for the starting job.
- Derrick Wells has made a successful transition from safety to cornerback this spring for Minnesota. Some other Gophers practice notes.
- Jack Hoffman's day in the sun at Nebraska practice is a good elixir for cynics, Steven M. Sipple writes. The Huskers' defense has a lot of work to do this summer. Nebraska has experienced few travel headaches since moving to the Big Ten.
- Pat Fitzgerald is confident and loves Northwestern's attitude this spring. The Wildcats picked up a commitment from an Ohio lineman.
- Ohio State mixed in some fun and games for the students on Saturday. A heated battle for the Buckeyes' starting right tackle job rages on.
- Bill O'Brien says this is a big week for Penn State. The quarterback race is even between Steven Bench and Tyler Ferguson.
- Darrell Hazell is learning more about his team. A look at Hazell's first four months at Purdue.
- Brendan Kelly has an upbeat attitude for his second senior season with Wisconsin. The defense looks different under Gary Andersen, and other Badgers practice notes. Ryan Groy has been working out at left tackle.
BIG TEN SCOREBOARD
Final Iowa 24 Pittsburgh 20 Final Eastern Michigan 14 11 Michigan State 73 Final Western Illinois 7 Northwestern 24 Final Southern Illinois 13 Purdue 35 Final Bowling Green 17 19 Wisconsin 68 Final Maryland 34 Syracuse 20 Final Utah 26 Michigan 10 Final Rutgers 31 Navy 24 Final Massachusetts 7 Penn State 48 Final San Jose State 7 Minnesota 24 Final Texas State 35 Illinois 42 Final Indiana 31 18 Missouri 27 Final Miami (FL) 31 24 Nebraska 41