Big Ten lunch links
April, 23, 2013
By Adam Rittenberg | ESPN.com
Happy college football playoff naming day.
- Lee Barfknecht writes that despite Monday's news, realignment might not be over, especially in the Big Ten.
- Nebraska chancellor Harvey Perlman weighs in on potential realignment quiet, proposed division and the like. Nebraska RB Rex Burkhead receives a hero's welcome in his hometown.
- Ohio State is among the leading programs for most players selected in the NFL draft. Learn why Buckeyes tackle Reid Fragel is climbing up the draft boards.
- Penn State CB Mike Wallace has big plans in music after football. Penn State coaches and players will be very busy all summer long. Five overlooked performances from Penn State's spring game.
- Michigan AD Dave Brandon is still very interested in a 10-game league schedule someday. Michigan changes its student seating at games to general admission to boost on-time arrivals.
- Despite lingering questions on offense, Michigan State can be an improved team in 2013, Graham Couch writes. Connor Cook says he's pacing Andrew Maxwell in the Spartans' QB competition. Michigan State's strengths and weaknesses are familiar.
- Iowa's governor won't order the football team to repaint the pink locker rooms. Iowa is moving quickly to target a strong junior class of in-state recruits.
- Marc Morehouse weighs in on the new Big Ten. Joe Christensen wraps up spring football around the league.
- Illinois' Chicago homecoming game Sept. 14 against Washington will kick off at 5 p.m. CT. Illini players are gearing up for this weekend's NFL draft.
- The Daily Gopher examines Minnesota's quarterbacks and running backs entering the spring game. Former Gophers QB MarQueis Gray aims to play tight end in the NFL.
- Debating which Northwestern true freshmen could see the field this season.
- The proposed Big Ten divisions look tough for Indiana and easier for Purdue.
- Freshman CB Sojourn Shelton boosted Wisconsin's defense in the spring game.
- Dirk Chatelain passes out realignment grades for conferences.
- Sporting News' latest national coach rankings have Ohio State's Urban Meyer at No. 2 and Northwestern's Pat Fitzgerald at No. 8.
BIG TEN SCOREBOARD
11:00 AM ET Nevada Louisiana-Lafayette 2:20 PM ET Utah State UTEP 3:30 PM ET 22 Utah Colorado State 5:45 PM ET Western Michigan Air Force 9:15 PM ET South Alabama Bowling Green
6:00 PM ET Marshall Northern Illinois 9:30 PM ET Navy San Diego State
12:00 PM ET Central Michigan Western Kentucky 8:00 PM ET Fresno State Rice
1:00 PM ET Illinois Louisiana Tech 4:30 PM ET Rutgers North Carolina 8:00 PM ET North Carolina State UCF
1:00 PM ET Cincinnati Virginia Tech 2:00 PM ET 15 Arizona State Duke 3:30 PM ET Miami (FL) South Carolina 4:30 PM ET Boston College Penn State 8:00 PM ET Nebraska 24 USC
2:00 PM ET Texas A&M West Virginia 5:30 PM ET Oklahoma 17 Clemson 9:00 PM ET Arkansas Texas
3:00 PM ET Notre Dame 23 LSU 6:30 PM ET 13 Georgia 21 Louisville 10:00 PM ET Maryland Stanford
12:30 PM ET 9 Ole Miss 6 TCU 4:00 PM ET 20 Boise State 10 Arizona 8:00 PM ET 7 Mississippi State 12 Georgia Tech
12:00 PM ET 19 Auburn 18 Wisconsin 12:30 PM ET 8 Michigan State 5 Baylor 1:00 PM ET 16 Missouri 25 Minnesota 5:00 PM ET 2 Oregon 3 Florida State 8:30 PM ET 1 Alabama 4 Ohio State
12:00 PM ET Houston Pittsburgh 3:20 PM ET Iowa Tennessee 6:45 PM ET 11 Kansas State 14 UCLA 10:15 PM ET Washington Oklahoma State