Big Ten lunch links
May, 2, 2013
By Adam Rittenberg | ESPN.com
In this scenario he's the Tonya and I'm the Nancy!
- Commissioners Jim Delany (Big Ten) and John Swofford (ACC) go way back, to their days as North Carolina students, Kent Babb writes.
- Penn State coach Bill O'Brien thinks more Big Ten expansion -- and superconferences -- are still coming. O'Brien is excited to increase Penn State's recruiting presence in Maryland. Penn State is in the mix to land a standout cornerback recruit.
- Michigan State's long road back to Pasadena becomes a lot tougher in the East division, Graham Couch writes. Several future Spartans players are going camping. Some good MSU nuggets from Mike Griffith.
- Big Ten schools are being proactive about stadium security in the wake of the Boston bombings, Angelique Chengelis writes.
- Nebraska chancellor Harvey Perlman weighs in on the Playoff selection committee. Former Nebraska backup quarterback Brion Carnes is transferring to FCS Northern Iowa. A Q&A with Huskers offensive coordinator Tim Beck.
- Minnesota receiver Jamel Harbison, eight months removed from knee surgery, finished spring practice with a flourish. A closer look at Harbison and the rest of Minnesota's receivers and tight ends.
- Ohio State's Luke Fickell with some candid remarks about New York Giants draft pick Johnathan Hankins. A minor-league baseball team in Akron is holding Jim Tressel bobblehead night on Saturday.
- Michigan athletic director Dave Brandon debunks myths about his department. The Wolverines continue to prioritize size at receiver in the recruiting process.
- Stewart Mandel weighs in on the new Big Ten divisions. More on the Big Ten's likely bowl shakeup.
- Indiana assistant William Inge would rather slow down aggressive players than speed up passive ones.
- Patrick Reusse on the Big Ten's talent drain.
- Iowa WR Jacob Hillyer is ready to fill the void in the passing game.
- The latest Northwestern recruiting roundup.
- Former Wisconsin star Donald Hayes will enter the Madison Sports Hall of Fame. Some Wisconsin recruiting nuggets.