Big Ten lunchtime links
May, 6, 2013
By Brian Bennett | ESPN.com
Do you know what the realm is? It's the thousand blades of Aegon's enemies: a story we agree to tell each other over and over until we forget that it's a lie.
- Ohio State AD Gene Smith talks about Urban Meyer and other issues in this wide-ranging Q&A. Meyer is casting a wide net for quarterback recruits.
- Reasons why UCF-Penn State in Ireland might happen. Division realignment should help the Nittany Lions.
- Michigan AD Dave Brandon says Big Ten expansion is on hold for now. Devin Gardner graduated and then went to work studying how to be a better quarterback.
- Wisconsin picked up a junior-college cornerback who could step in and contribute this fall. One prediction has the Badgers going 10-2 this year.
- Former Iowa stars paid a physical price in the NFL. Is linebacker James Morris a future politician? Picking the top 10 Hawkeyes under Kirk Ferentz.
- Four talking points for Michigan State fans. What was the Spartans' offense hiding in the spring game?
- A spring game collision said a lot about a couple of Minnesota players.
- Nebraska is going through a military-style training program for a second straight year. The Huskers' top receiving target is gaining a higher profile.
- Ryan Kerrigan's success has added to Purdue's NFL "Den."
- Northwestern's offensive line recruiting has provided depth.
- A Q&A on Illinois football.
- Indiana's Adam Replogle earned an academic honor.
- The BTN guys debate the most interesting quarterback position in the league. Big Ten football coaches should look to their basketball colleagues for advice, Tom Oates writes.