Big Ten lunchtime links
May, 8, 2013
By Brian Bennett | ESPN.com
No barking from the dog. No smog. And mama cooked the breakfast with no hog.
- Sports Illustrated's Andy Staples likes Michigan State a whole lot more than most in his post-spring Top 25. New Hall of Famer Percy Snow was always a high-impact guy for Michigan State. Chris McDonald will try to make the New England Patriots' roster.
- Iowa's Damon Bullock is a star on Vine. The Hawkeyes were picked to finish last in the Big Ten by one publication.
- Michigan won't have Will Hagerup, but Matt Wile should be able to handle the punting duties this year. The Wolverines have an early leg up on a top 2015 recruit.
- Minnesota upgraded its schedule by adding TCU.
- Lots of coverage of former Nebraska star Tommie Frazier making the Hall of Fame here, here and here.
- Orlando Pace made the pancake block famous and now is in the Hall of Fame. Some freshmen who might make an instant impact for Ohio State.
- Maybe Penn State should drop its spring game for a while. Bill O'Brien played the role of head fundraiser. O'Brien doesn't rule out the idea of the Nittany Lions having some two-way players.
- Ron Dayne now can add the Hall of Fame to his legacy. More on the Great Dayne.
- David Cooper is key to Indiana's hopes for a defensive turnaround.
- Purdue is pursuing a Florida offensive lineman.
- Predicting Northwestern's number of wins in the 2013 season.
BIG TEN SCOREBOARD
Final Eastern Illinois 20 Minnesota 42 Final Rutgers 41 Washington State 38
Final Penn State 26 UCF 24 Final Youngstown State 17 Illinois 28 Final Indiana State 10 Indiana 28 Final Northern Iowa 23 Iowa 31 Final Appalachian State 14 Michigan 52 Final 5 Ohio State 34 Navy 17 Final Western Michigan 34 Purdue 43 Final Florida Atlantic 7 22 Nebraska 55 Final California 31 Northwestern 24 Final James Madison 7 Maryland 52 Final 14 Wisconsin 24 13 LSU 28